Power and sex

Power and sex

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Filthy sinner

Outskirts of bliss

Moves
11 Jun 11

Why so often do we see those in power get caught up in some sexual scandal ? Either religious leaders or political leaders can't seem to to keep it in their pants. Power corrupts !

y
lovin the sea breeze

Up North!

Moves
11 Jun 11

people with no power still have sex scandals but no-one pays any attention cos they aint famous or in power

though i would agree that power can go to your head somewhat

Cape Town

Moves
11 Jun 11

yavash has got it right. You see it because powerful people are newsworthy not because it is statistically more common.
Its similar to the common belief that priests are more likely to be child molesters when in reality I don't think statistics supports that claim.

d

Moves
11 Jun 11

They discussed this on npr yesterday. It was really interesting. Here is a link
http://www.npr.org/2011/06/10/137112887/some-suggest-power-increases-promiscuity

K

Germany

Moves
11 Jun 11

Watch S14E01 of South Park. It's explained there.

Moves
11 Jun 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
yavash has got it right. You see it because powerful people are newsworthy not because it is statistically more common.
and where's your stats to back this up? fact is, there isn't any, you're just presuming that proportionally regular people are unfaithful as much as those 'with power'. no one can say for certain.

E

Moves
11 Jun 11

I think the bigger question is why do conservatives leave power after such scandals while liberals hang around.

We'll tell the liberals that what they did was wrong, but they can still keep their elected position.

U

Moves
11 Jun 11

Originally posted by Eladar
I think the bigger question is why do conservatives leave power after such scandals while liberals hang around.

We'll tell the liberals that what they did was wrong, but they can still keep their elected position.
Are you effing kidding me??? LOL! wow. Did you actually look into this or are you just barfing up something you heard on Rush Limbaugh?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
11 Jun 11

In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.

Tony Montana

E

Moves
11 Jun 11
1 edit

Is this Weiner guy stepping down? I don't think so.

Is Rangel still in office? Sure he is.

Is Rep. Christopher Lee still in office?

What about that William Jefferson fellow? How long did he stay in office after the FBI busted him for taking bribes?

U

Moves
11 Jun 11

Is this Weiner guy stepping down? I don't think so.

Is Rangel still in office? Sure he is.

Is Rep. Christopher Lee still in office?

What about that William Jefferson fellow? How long did he stay in office after the FBI busted him for taking bribes?
That would be an excellent point if you didn't deliberately leave out a smorgasboard full of Republicans who did not step down and Democrats who did.

E

Moves
11 Jun 11

Go ahead and bring them up!

U

Moves
11 Jun 11
1 edit

Go ahead and bring them up!
LOL! Let's do these one at a time.

Republican Congressman David Vitter (still in office)

- Identified as a client for a prostitution ring.

- A proponent of "asbtinence only" education saying, "Abstinence education is a public health strategy focused on risk avoidance that aims to help young people avoid exposure to harm...by teaching teenagers that saving sex until marriage and remaining faithful afterwards is the best choice for health and happiness."

Do you agree you got pimp slapped with this one? If so I'll move on to the next.

E

Moves
11 Jun 11
1 edit

Is that the best you've got? He used a prostitute at some time in his life? From what I was able to research on this guy is that he was in a list of names that used the service, but no dates and no record of how many times.

That ranks right up there with Weiner and Jefferson.

Although I do think you are correct, he should have stepped down in disgrace. He is the exception that proves the rule. How many more Republicans have continued after public disgrace?

Where are the liberal Dems who have stepped down?

U

Moves
11 Jun 11

Is that the best you've got? He used a prostitute at some time in his life? From what I was able to research on this guy is that he was in a list of names that used the service, but no dates and no record of how many times.

That ranks right up there with Weiner and Jefferson.

Although I do think you are correct, he should have stepped down in disgr ...[text shortened]... ans have continued after public disgrace?

Where are the liberal Dems who have stepped down?
"Is that the best you've got?"

Yeah, what was I thinking?? I'm sitting here acting like a married man banging prostitutes is a real sex scandal.

" From what I was able to research on this guy is that he was in a list of names that used the service, but no dates and no record of how many times."

Well then there's the part where he even admitted wrongdoing, but that's just a small side note, right?

"That ranks right up there with Weiner and Jefferson."

Yeah, banging hookers ranks WAAAAAAAY up there with explicit internet interaction.

"Where are the liberal Dems who have stepped down?"

What, you're already done with Republicans not stepping down? I was just getting started! John Edwards.