1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 06:20
    @averagejoe1 said
    Please rectify this sad state of affairs, this sad ruling.

https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/girl-11-is-barred-from-starting-a-faith-club-while-classmates-are-allowed-to-set-up-a-pride-group.5579970/

You WOKE people, each of you, are ruining our country. You are weak and forever a mob.
    As I said on another thread where you brought this up, Ever hear of the separation of church and state?

Church groups have no business being in a school.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 06:22
    @averagejoe1 said
    @spruce112358
    You need to read my very clear post, next to your very unclear response, and try to respond in coherent wording to my post.
    His post was a lot more coherent than yours.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 06:23
    @averagejoe1 said
    I’m a realist, I see it for what it is.
    I also see you supporting the gay pride movement. Do you support any effect they may have on my children?
    No, you don't. You see it as you want to see it.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 06:26
    @averagejoe1 said
    What’s so bad about average Joe? Could it be that he thinks that some people need to leave other people alone? Could it be that he thinks that if some people work harder than others, that the ones that do not work hard should share in the wealth of the people that work harder than they do?
    One of my favorite things on the forum is to ask the simplest questions I can think of, which liberals simply cannot answer. And that’s about all I’ve got to say about that.
    He thinks some people need to leave each other alone, but he doesn't think HE needs to leave people alone. Where I come from they call that being a hypocrite.

Pride groups don't affect you in the slightest.

Not gay? Don't join.

Problem solved.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 06:29
    @spruce112358 said
    Individuals within the gay pride movement are free to do as they please as long as they don't harm, impose on, or place others at risk without consent.
    The actual definition of "leaving people alone".

AvJoe should try it.
  6. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 11:34
    @suzianne said
    The actual definition of "leaving people alone".

AvJoe should try it.
    A parade of these people is not leaving us alone. Spruce wrote about a guy stepping nude outof bushes in front of his daughter. Instead of discussing the aberrance of the naked man,he writes that it did not phase his daughter. Unbelievable debating.
    You fellers lean to letting this happen. It’s all OK. To raise children to be nonchalant about aberrant behavior. Very popular point of view.
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 11:35
    @suzianne said
    He thinks some people need to leave each other alone, but he doesn't think HE needs to leave people alone. Where I come from they call that being a hypocrite.

Pride groups don't affect you in the slightest.

Not gay? Don't join.

Problem solved.
    Suz says pride groups don’t affect me. Is this where I use time-worn phrase ‘don’t tell me what I think!’
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 11:36
    @suzianne said
    No, you don't. You see it as you want to see it.
    Sue is saying she does not see things as she wants to see it.
  9. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 12:30
    @averagejoe1 said
    A parade of these people is not leaving us alone. Spruce wrote about a guy stepping nude outof bushes in front of his daughter. Instead of discussing the aberrance of the naked man,he writes that it did not phase his daughter. Unbelievable debating.
    You fellers lean to letting this happen. It’s all OK. To raise children to be nonchalant about aberrant behavior. Very popular point of view.
    Problem is, 'aberrent' can mean anything from public nudity to wearing a funny hat. So the question is, should the standard be "no aberrent behavior" or "don't harm, impose on, or place others at risk without consent?"

- Was this aberrent? It was surprising to me. I wasn't raised to parade around nekkid in public.
    - Was it legal? Yeah, over there. Public nudity is a lot more common in Europe.
    - Did it harm my kid? No. Harm means to cause damage - there was none.
    - Did he impose? I use the word 'impose' for things like when someone drags his garden hose (stop...) across your lawn. Or plays loud music. There is no harm done, but it's trespass and annoying. This was a public place, so, no.
    - Did he place us at risk without our consent? Not at all.

So regardless of how unusual his behavior, he has to be allowed to do it.

I do NOT want the legislature to take up whether or not my hat looks funny and is therefore 'aberrent.'
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    14 Apr '24 13:12
    @spruce112358 said
    Problem is, 'aberrent' can mean anything from public nudity to wearing a funny hat. So the question is, should the standard be "no aberrent behavior" or "don't harm, impose on, or place others at risk without consent?"

- Was this aberrent? It was surprising to me. I wasn't raised to parade around nekkid in public.
    - Was it legal? Yeah, over there. Public nudity is a ...[text shortened]... o NOT want the legislature to take up whether or not my hat looks funny and is therefore 'aberrent.'
    This one says being surprised by a naked man does not harm a child.
    Let’s all take our kids out, hire a queer person ($5 should do it) to appear naked in front of them, and report back.
    I will go ahead and say that my child will have been harmed by it. So let us know what you all think.
  11. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    15 Apr '24 00:53
    @averagejoe1 said
    This one says being surprised by a naked man does not harm a child.
    Let’s all take our kids out, hire a queer person ($5 should do it) to appear naked in front of them, and report back.
    I will go ahead and say that my child will have been harmed by it. So let us know what you all think.
    Your study is poorly designed. Here is a better one:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/chso.12743

Think of the children!: Relationships between nudity-related experiences in childhood, body image, self-esteem and adjustment
    Keon West

Abstract
    There are widespread, strongly held beliefs that naturism has a negative impact on children. However, naturist groups advocate for including children and prior research has not clearly investigated how naturism affects children. Two pre-registered, cross-sectional studies (N1 = 411, N2 = 250) investigated how nudity-related experiences in childhood predicted overall adjustment. In Study 1, adults reported their recalled experiences of nudity in childhood as well as their current levels of body appreciation, self-esteem and overall adjustment. In Study 2, mothers reported on their children's current experiences of nudity and the children themselves reported on their current levels of body appreciation, self-esteem and overall adjustment. Results for both studies were similar (though in Study 2, some associations only approached statistical significance): Experiences of naturism were associated with positive, not negative outcomes. These findings suggest that, despite the concerns some people express, naturism does not generally lead to negative outcomes for children.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree