More climate change propaganda

More climate change propaganda

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
01 Oct 14
2 edits

Originally posted by whodey
99.9% of all living species are extinct, most of which happened well before mankind ever set foot on the earth.

Extinction is a natural process. We will all become extinct eventually. The arrogance is to think we can stop it or that delaying it is always a good thing.

Also, temperatures seem to be rising on all planets in the solar system.

Coincidence?
My bad. I should have written mass extinction... and so I did. Fancy that.

As for the planets warming:

Since the sun has decreased its' heat radiation over the last fifty years, you should be able to deduce that there's no increased temperatures observed on any of the planets in the system due to solar activity - which is usually the point climate change deniers try to make when they use the "other planets are also warming"-argument. Of course, most planetary bodies in our system are not getting warmer, but why let facts get in the way of what sounds like a good argument, right?

K

Germany

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by whodey
99.9% of all living species are extinct, most of which happened well before mankind ever set foot on the earth.

Extinction is a natural process. We will all become extinct eventually. The arrogance is to think we can stop it or that delaying it is always a good thing.

Also, temperatures seem to be rising on all planets in the solar system.

Coincidence?
Ah, this should be good. Where'd you find the data on temperatures on others planets of the solar system?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by Wajoma
To 'intimate' can mean to 'suggest'.

In this thread both Deepthought and wolfgang have been a little too quick with their derision and sarcasm, both got their fingers singed.
I still stand by my derision.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
01 Oct 14

Originally posted by C Hess
My bad. I should have written mass extinction... and so I did. Fancy that.

As for the planets warming:

Since the sun has decreased its' heat radiation over the last fifty years, you should be able to deduce that there's no increased temperatures observed on any of the planets in the system due to solar activity - which is usually the point climate chang ...[text shortened]... not getting warmer, but why let facts get in the way of what sounds like a good argument, right?
One of the factors, besides solar activity, is the activity at the earth's molten core. That inevitably produces volcanic activity, which dwarfs human production of CO2. It is also theorized that at some time before humans a collision with an asteroid dramatically changed the earth's climate. Now what are we going to do about that?

The arrogance and futility of thinking we can alter the climate now is only exceeded by the notion that any warming in the 20th century was man's fault.

Moves
02 Oct 14
1 edit

Originally posted by normbenign
One of the factors, besides solar activity, is the activity at the earth's molten core. That inevitably produces volcanic activity, which dwarfs human production of CO2. It is also theorized that at some time before humans a collision with an asteroid dramatically changed the earth's climate. Now what are we going to do about that?

The arrogance and ...[text shortened]... climate now is only exceeded by the notion that any warming in the 20th century was man's fault.
The only arrogance I see in this discussion is a man* sprouting nonsense as facts and then patting his own back as though he's proven a point. Human activities release over a hundred times more co2 into the athmosphere than do volcanoes. This is a well-known, measured fact, and it has been well-known since at least a decade back as far as I can tell.

You need to go back to school, as I've already suggested, and think this through more carefully, lest you make a fool of yourself.

* or woman (what do I know)

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
02 Oct 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
I still stand by my derision.
...and you extend it to C Hess who made the same point?

K

Germany

Moves
02 Oct 14

The arrogance and ...[text shortened]... climate now is only exceeded by the notion that any warming in the 20th century was man's fault.
Interesting. Those volcanoes did have uncanny timing to start emitting loads of CO2 right at the start of the Industrial Revolution.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
02 Oct 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Interesting. Those volcanoes did have uncanny timing to start emitting loads of CO2 right at the start of the Industrial Revolution.
According to most accounts they've been doing it for millions of years, and long before humans are theorized to have begun making fire.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
02 Oct 14

Originally posted by C Hess
The only arrogance I see in this discussion is a man* sprouting nonsense as facts and then patting his own back as though he's proven a point. Human activities release over a hundred times more co2 into the athmosphere than do volcanoes. This is a well-known, measured fact, and it has been well-known since at least a decade back as far as I can tell.

You n ...[text shortened]... nk this through more carefully, lest you make a fool of yourself.

* or woman (what do I know)
The effects on climate of the molten core of the planet are not just CO2 emissions of volcanoes.

Your well known and measured facts are also well know to be manipulated and adjusted to fit a preconceived agenda and notion. For a decade?? Yes before that the fear mongers were preaching an ice age.

The real question is "What are you going to do about it?" Stop all that human breathing? Reduce the population? How? And is this decade long scare real anyway, or just another method of extracting more wealth from working people?

I've been watching an number of TV series on living off the grid in places like Alaska. You could get away from global warming there where winter temps drop to -40F.

K

Germany

Moves
02 Oct 14

According to most accounts they've been doing it for millions of years, and long before humans are theorized to have begun making fire.
Umm, nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_in_Earth%27s_atmosphere#mediaviewer/File:Carbon_Dioxide_400kyr.png

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
02 Oct 14

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Umm, nope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_dioxide_in_Earth%27s_atmosphere#mediaviewer/File:Carbon_Dioxide_400kyr.png
I spoke of the volcanoes. They've been at it for the life of the planet. What explains the ups and downs of temperature in man's absence? Must be some other factors? And what explains the flattening of the climate change presently, and what is the proposed solution to reduce CO2 and or the planetary temperature?

Moves
02 Oct 14

The effects on climate of the molten core of the planet are not just CO2 emissions of volcanoes.

Your well known and measured facts are also well know to be manipulated and adjusted to fit a preconceived agenda and notion. For a decade?? Yes before that the fear mongers were preaching an ice age.

The real question is "What are you going to do abo ...[text shortened]... aces like Alaska. You could get away from global warming there where winter temps drop to -40F.
Seriously, I'm not trying to be condescending, but if you care even remotely about being factually correct, you really, really, really need to check your claims. This is embarrassing. It's like debating a creationist.

Moves
03 Oct 14

13 Misconceptions About Global Warming:

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Oct 14

Originally posted by Wajoma
...and you extend it to C Hess who made the same point?
Show me the point you were making that C Hess agreed with.

K

Germany

Moves
03 Oct 14

I spoke of the volcanoes.
And you're spectacularly wrong.