1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 01:145 edits
    @no1marauder said
    Why should we limit it to 2020 when we have a database back to 2015?

I'm perfectly aware of what you are trying to do, but you are miserably failing to produce any stats, no matter how cherry picked, that don't show that a black person in the US is substantially more likely to be killed by police than a white person.
    Because I'm framing it in the context of the reality that is currently happening while this is happening!!! I'm not doing a full analysis right now. You said I couldn't find an instance of a white man being shot while fleeing because they don't exist! That what this whole spinoff was about! You weren't aware that any instances existed! That was my point!
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 01:19
    @joe-shmo said
    Because I'm framing it in the context of the reality that is currently happening while this is happening!!! I'm not doing a full analysis right now. You said I couldn't find an instance of a white man being shot while fleeing on foot because they don't exist! That what this whole spinoff was about! You are incapable of admitting your egregious errors!
    Actually, I already admitted I didn't read your post carefully enough where you ignored the main factors that made the Brooks case newsworthy.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 01:275 edits
    @no1marauder said
    Actually, I already admitted I didn't read your post carefully enough where you ignored the main factors that made the Brooks case newsworthy.
    Well, the data base isn't showing whether any body cam footage exists on the 11 unarmed White people. Its obvious that its absolutely fine for that to stay "11- No or Unknown" because frankly its not important!! No one cares to find out if these shootings were justified - which I can't image any reason why they would be justified! Why should one black mans life be of MORE concern than one White mans life!?!? Why Marauder??
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 01:57
    @joe-shmo said
    Well, the data base isn't showing whether any body cam footage exists on the 11 unarmed White people. Its obvious that its absolutely fine for that to stay "11- No or Unknown" because frankly its not important!! No one cares to find out if these shootings were justified - which I can't image any reason why they would be justified! Why should one black mans life be of MORE concern than one White mans life!?!? Why Marauder??
    No one is buying it Joe but the other race baiters.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 02:15
    @philokalia said
    What I don't get...

Chauvin has been arrested. Indeed, many police have all been arrested for their crimes.

Chauvin was actually arrested in... five days. In the same district, Mohammed Nouri, who shot an unarmed Australian woman at point blank range, took months & months & months before a grand jury was convened. It was 8 months until the man was held in custody. ...[text shortened]... that the police routinely violate your basic human rights and get away with it just isn't very true.
    A well-trained, disciplined police force wouldn't and doesn't kill civilians at the rate those in the US do. Here's some handy dandy charts:

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/2020/06/05/policekillings/
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 02:20
    @no1marauder said
    A well-trained, disciplined police force wouldn't and doesn't kill civilians at the rate those in the US do. Here's some handy dandy charts:

https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/2020/06/05/policekillings/
    No idea why you would dare to trot out such a comparison.

The situation n the US is so radically different from every other developed country.

We're the only developed country in the world that has cities on the list of the most violent cities in the world by murder rate!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_murder_rate

How could it be any other way?

How can we compare ourselves at all to a place like Iceland or Wales?
  7. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    16 Jul '20 05:05
    @Philokalia

Yes, I pointed that put showing the incarceration rate in the US versus the world,
    and the US was the going away winner. Nobody has our incarceration rate.

I did that under the context of explaining that poverty is NOT the predicator
    to crime that they all think it is because I stacked the rich US incarceration rate
    against some very poor countries with much lower incarceration rates.
    There was no correlation. But with libs, that went nowhere.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree