Kudos to Cruz

Kudos to Cruz

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
21 Jul 16
2 edits

For not selling out to Trump by endorsing him.

Some politicians actually have principles, unlike Bernie who sold out to a criminal owned by Wall Street.

Trump will be lingering about to pick up the broken pieces, of either Trump or Hillary.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jul 16

Originally posted by whodey

Some politicians actually have principles, unlike Bernie who sold out to a criminal owned by Wall Street.

Trump will be lingering about to pick up the broken pieces, of either Trump or Hillary.
What happened to your "Kudos to Kasich" or "Kudos to Bush" threads? Neither endorsed Trump.

Ted is, as always, thinking of himself
though by the delegates' reaction he probably didn't help his 2020 chances.

w

Moves
21 Jul 16

Originally posted by no1marauder
What happened to your "Kudos to Kasich" or "Kudos to Bush" threads? Neither endorsed Trump.

Ted is, as always, thinking of himself
though by the delegates' reaction he probably didn't help his 2020 chances.
Cruz has seemingly committed career suicide time and again by sticking to his guns

I can't say the same for Kasich and Bush.

Cruz is clearly a unique figure. He keeps giving the establishment the middle finger and keeps coming out on top.

My guess Is that after either Hillary or Trump, Cruz has positioned himself to be the GOP front runner once again in the future, depending on how badly the country is doing. That is, if we still have a country.

As for Bernie and the sell outs, enjoy 8 years of a living hell under Hitlary. 😵

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jul 16

What "principles"?:

On March 12, three days before the Florida primary, Cruz said he would support the nominee although he had criticized Trump saying that he "affirmatively encourages violence."

"I committed at the outset, I will support the Republican nominee, whoever it is." Cruz told reporters at a suburban St. Louis high school

A day later, he made a similar comment to MSNBC’s Chuck Todd:

Todd: "You've said some tough things on Trump. Why are you comfortable supporting him as the nominee if he ends up the nominee."

Cruz: "Well, listen, I pledged at the outset I will support the Republican nominee, whoever it is ... when I give my word for something, I follow through and do what I said."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/21/did-ted-cruz-pledge-back-republican-nominee/

Not exactly.

w

Moves
21 Jul 16
1 edit

What "principles"?:

On March 12, three days before the Florida primary, Cruz said he would support the nominee although he had criticized Trump saying that he "affirmatively encourages violence."

"I committed at the outset, I will support the Republican nominee, whoever it is." Cruz told reporters at a suburban St. Louis high school

A day later, ...[text shortened]... truth-o-meter/article/2016/jul/21/did-ted-cruz-pledge-back-republican-nominee/

Not exactly.
Define support.

He showed up didn't he? Bush and Kasich were no where to be seen.

All Cruz said was for people to vote their conscience. Just showing up serves as some measure of support that Bush and Kasich were not willing to give, even though they promised to do so as well.

As the old saying goes in investment, no risk, no reward. Cruz time and again takes on risk which means he will either be elevated or decline in influence.

Time will tell.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jul 16
1 edit

Define support.

He showed up didn't he? Bush and Kasich were no where to be seen.

All Cruz said was for people to vote their conscience. Just showing up serves as some measure of support that Bush and Kasich were not willing to give, even though they promised to do so as well.

As the old saying goes in investment, no risk, no reward. Cruz time a ...[text shortened]... takes on risk which means he will either be elevated or decline in influence.

Time will tell.
"I support Donald Trump".

Did he utter those words?

No. So he lied and his pious statements about how he keeps his word were BS.

w

Moves
21 Jul 16
1 edit

"I support Donald Trump".

Did he utter those words?

No. So he lied and his pious statements about how he keeps his word were BS.
As I said, Cruz showed up which shows some support instead of cowering under a table like Kasich and Bush.

Cruz stood up and said to vote your conscience and uphold the Constitution, for which he was subsequently booed.

Very telling. So what is more important, allegiance to Trump or the Constitution?

As for Bernie, his allegiance lies with the DNC. Anything they want he supports.

Again, very telling

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jul 16
1 edit

As I said, Cruz showed up which shows some support instead of cowering under a table like Kasich and Bush.

Cruz stood up and said to vote your conscience and uphold the Constitution, for which he was subsequently booed.

Very telling. So what is more important, allegiance to Trump or the Constitution?

As for Bernie, his allegiance lies with the DNC. Anything they want he supports.

Again, very telling
It's telling and no surprise that you would continue to praise an extreme right winger even when he blatantly lies and breaks his supposedly inviolable word.

He is certainly your kind of guy.

Cruz showing up was to get himself some national TV face time. It shows support from Ted Cruz for Ted Cruz and no one else.

w

Moves
21 Jul 16

It's telling and no surprise that you would continue to praise an extreme right winger even when he blatantly lies and breaks his supposedly inviolable word.

He is certainly your kind of guy.

Cruz showing up was to get himself some national TV face time. It shows support from Ted Cruz for Ted Cruz and no one else.
Both parties have hated Cruz since he was born.

Problem is, Americans now hate both parties more than Cruz.

I think he will come out on top. The more Americans hate both parties, the greater Cruz will do in the polls in the future.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Jul 16
1 edit

Both parties have hated Cruz since he was born.

Problem is, Americans now hate both parties more than Cruz.

I think he will come out on top. The more Americans hate both parties, the greater Cruz will do in the polls in the future.
Nonsense - both parties have nothing against Canadians.

The last time anybody bothered to check (presumably because Cruz was still a candidate), TC's disapproval ratings were about on par with Trump and worse than Hillary's.http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/ted-cruz-favorable-rating

I doubt antagonizing the large majority of Republican voters who decided Cruz was less desirable than Trump as the nominee will help that. Not everybody is as fond of lying egomaniacs as you are (assuming they endorse your extremist positions that is).

w

Moves
21 Jul 16

Nonsense - both parties have nothing against Canadians.

The last time anybody bothered to check (presumably because Cruz was still a candidate), TC's disapproval ratings were about on par with Trump and worse than Hillary's.http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/ted-cruz-favorable-rating

I doubt antagonizing the large majority of Republican v ...[text shortened]... as fond of lying egomaniacs as you are (assuming they endorse your extremist positions that is).
$20 trillion in debt and climbing fast.

The economy is on life support.

We shall see.

As we see in Venezuela, things can deteriorate quickly.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Jul 16
1 edit

I voted for Cruz, but he let me down for not endorsing Trump. NOT because I'm a Trump
fan I am not, but Cruz like several other of those 16 that made a pledge. They all gave
their words they would support whoever won. At the time I'm sure none of them thought
Trump would win, but he did win. So now the proper thing to do is keep one's word and
endorse Trump. I do not care that Trump said and did bad things to them, that does not
matter, what matters is they gave their word and now they are not keeping it.

It easy for any of us to keep our words when things are going well for us and we like what
we are doing, but a man who keeps his word to his own hurt I'll trust. Now Crus has left
that along with all the other common politicians who say one thing and do another.

rain

Moves
21 Jul 16

As I said, Cruz showed up which shows some support
In other words...he sold out his "principles" by showing support to Trump.

End thread.

w

Moves
21 Jul 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
I voted for Cruz, but he let me down for not endorsing Trump. NOT because I'm a Trump
fan I am not, but Cruz like several other of those 16 that made a pledge. They all gave
their words they would support whoever won. At the time I'm sure none of them thought
Trump would win, but he did win. So now the proper thing to do is keep one's word and
endorse T ...[text shortened]... rus has left
that along with all the other common politicians who say one thing and do another.
I'm tired of the left winged GOP that is no better than Hillary.

I'm tired of the "W"'s and McCant's and Romneys and Trumps.

All of them are a wasted vote in my estimation.

But no matter, Hillary has it all locked up. Just like Bernie said, it's all rigged. Now we are officially a one party nation.

c

Moves
22 Jul 16

Rcruz must not have conveyed too much support ...or you wouldn't have started this thread/topic.