This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 21:531 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I'm sure Kim Jong un will behave in a responsible and fair manner on this issue. The way he treated his generals and his uncle are living proof that we can have confidence in his judgement. 😆 😆 😆
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 22:041 edit

4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 22:102 edits
    If the US President's brother were known to be working for China's intelligence service and were living outside of US jurisdiction, then would Mchill object to a US plan to assassinate him?

Mchill would leave this issue up to the legal authorities, since Mchill does not have a security clearance, and therefor no access to much of the details that normally go along with legal cases of this type. America's legal system, though not perfect, is generally pretty good at prosecuting guilty people.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 22:14
    @mchill said
    I'm sure Kim Jong un will behave in a responsible and fair manner on this issue. The way he treated his generals and his uncle are living proof that we can have confidence in his judgement. 😆 😆 😆
    The last person our corporate news media claimed was killed by Kim Jong Un is alive and well.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/03/asia/north-korea-diplomats-intl/index.html
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 22:31

7. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 22:34

8. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 22:34
    @mchill said
    If the US President's brother were known to be working for China's intelligence service and were living outside of US jurisdiction, then would Mchill object to a US plan to assassinate him?

Mchill would leave this issue up to the legal authorities, since Mchill does not have a security clearance, and therefor no access to much of the details that normally go along with lega ...[text shortened]... . America's legal system, though not perfect, is generally pretty good at prosecuting guilty people.
    Could Donald J. Trump betray a CIA contact?
    Lord, that's a can of worms I hope we'll never have to open.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 22:46

10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 23:02
    Would Kim Jong-Un have known that Kim Jong-Nam was a CIA source? Where did WSJ (=Wall Street Journal?) get their information? There's a number of plausible explanations for this story other than it being true, ranging from someone repeating inaccurate office gossip to a psychological attack by the CIA - get Kim Jong-Un a little bit more uncertain about his information control.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 23:15

12. S. Korea
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 23:44
    That's right.

It makes sense to be motivated to kill him for that reason as well as other reasons about his mere presence undermining his power.

Surely, this can't be held that much against him, right? It's just real, political considerations.

I know I could trust on our Chinese friend to view politics in this way. That's how it is for Tibet and the Uighurs.

It is how it is for Israel & Palestine.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 01:111 edit

14. S. Korea
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 01:29
    Where's the disagreement, though?
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Jun '19 03:331 edit
    If Kim Jong-nam was killed because he was an informant, this would've been publicized to the N. Korean people.

The Washington Post reports that Kim Jong-un announced through the NK media that his uncle was killed for "half-heartedly clapping". If such a petty reason for execution was acceptable NK's state media, surely being a spy for the United States would've been more than enough to justify execution from Kim Jong-un.

But there's no report of this ever being made public. I'm sure this has more to do with why Kim Jong-un killed his brother:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38971834

"Kim Jong-nam became one of the regime's highest-profile critics, openly questioning the Stalinist policies and dynastic succession his grandfather Kim Il-sung began crafting in 1948."

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree