Israel is worst violator of human rights

Israel is worst violator of human rights

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
31 Mar 15

Originally posted by finnegan
Fair point. If we stopped responding to Whodey, Eladar, Wajoma, Fishface and a few others, we would have to engage in more challenging activities. But they would be left to infest our forum with their bigotry. Are you really saying we should abandon this public space to the bigots?

Still, it is tempting and maybe that is where I will go. depends on my mood.
Funny, I feel the same way about leaving this forum infested with dedicated leftists. Note, I did not use a loaded term like bigots, although it would be as appropriate as your usage is.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
31 Mar 15

Originally posted by no1marauder
What exactly has the UN done to Israel?

Your usual hysterical ranting and raving doesn't change the fact that Israel is a serial violator of human rights and many UN Security Council resolutions yet no sanction has ever been applied against it. So your boo-hooing about how badly poor lil Israel has been treated there is just more BS.
Why don't you just admit what is obvious, that the UN isn't taken seriously by anyone, except by Western media, and some American liberals, as a method of bashing Israel.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 Mar 15

Originally posted by normbenign
Why don't you just admit what is obvious, that the UN isn't taken seriously by anyone, except by Western media, and some American liberals, as a method of bashing Israel.
😴😴

If no one takes it seriously, why do right wingers feel the need to bash it for criticizing Israel for blatant violations of human rights?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 Mar 15

The three resolutions that are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo unfair to Israel do the following:

Reaffirm the Right of the Palestinian People to Self-Determination

http://blog.unwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/L.32.pdf

Condemns the continued building of Israeli settlements in the occupied territories which has been the subject of numerous Security Council resolutions and was found by the International Court of Justice to have been established in violation of international law;

http://blog.unwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/L.332.pdf

Condemns a myriad of Israeli violations of human rights while "10. Also condemns the firing of rockets against Israeli civilian areas resulting in
loss of life and injury;"

http://blog.unwatch.org/wp-content/uploads/L.34.pdf

All these resolutions are perfectly consistent with many prior resolutions of the UN Security Council, decisions of the International Court of Justice and well established international law. Apparently the only two countries in the world who have a problem with these resolutions is the US and Israel.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
31 Mar 15

Originally posted by no1marauder
😴😴

If no one takes it seriously, why do right wingers feel the need to bash it for criticizing Israel for blatant violations of human rights?
Because it is taken seriously by the groups that I mentioned, western media and western leftists, many of whom are in a position to form or promoted opinion.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
31 Mar 15

Because it is taken seriously by the groups that I mentioned, western media and western leftists, many of whom are in a position to form or promoted opinion.
Israel can do whatever it wants and people in the US don't care. Most "leftists" in the US support Israel just as hook, line and sinker as most right wingers do.

K

Germany

Moves
31 Mar 15

Interesting. So you would consider whodey, who evidently cares about what "the UN" thinks, to be a "western leftist"?

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
31 Mar 15

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Interesting. So you would consider whodey, who evidently cares about what "the UN" thinks, to be a "western leftist"?
No. Whodey is whodey. Some don't conveniently fit into boxes.

w

Moves
31 Mar 15

If you want to know who runs things find out who controls the media.

Under the Obama administration, the US media went from around 20th in the world, in terms of freedom of the press, to the mid 40's range.

The drones will do as the media tells them to do.

w

Moves
31 Mar 15

Am I a troll? Am I a leftist? Maybe I'm a trolling leftist. 😛

K

Germany

Moves
31 Mar 15

Originally posted by whodey
If you want to know who runs things find out who controls the media.

Under the Obama administration, the US media went from around 20th in the world, in terms of freedom of the press, to the mid 40's range.

The drones will do as the media tells them to do.
Thankfully there is still The Blaze for those who wish to keep informed.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
31 Mar 15

Thankfully there is still The Blaze for those who wish to keep informed.
And thankfully in the USA, Fox News.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
31 Mar 15

And thankfully in the USA, Fox News.
Is that sarcasm or sincerity in your statement?

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
31 Mar 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Is that sarcasm or sincerity in your statement?
Absolute sincerity, based on the fact that it is important to get a variety of viewpoints. Even MSNBC has some value.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
31 Mar 15
1 edit

Absolute sincerity, based on the fact that it is important to get a variety of viewpoints. Even MSNBC has some value.
Informed viewpoints expressing different opinions validly derived from different perspectives all make sense and add to the quality of debate.

Misinformation, intentional distortion and confusion of issues, evident plain ignorance and stupidity, do not enhance any debate but virtually destroy the potential for a productive discussion.

Fox News is to political discourse what piss is to drinking water and that is their very objective. We end up with the Wajoma philosophy that everyone has the right to waste our time with their opinion on any topic at all and that any opinion is just an opinion and nobody can make progress.