1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    23 Jan '23 18:12
    @mchill said
    Hey Einstein -

Contrary to what the nice people on FOX and friends tell you, no one is advocating the elimination of the use of gas and oil. What those nice people on your TV show aren't telling you is solar and wind power is now cheaper than gas and oil. Oil will always be needed for lubrication and the manufacturing of plastics and other products, but the right wing's pi ...[text shortened]... dirtiest form of energy no longer makes much sense. Please stop lying about what Liberals advocate.
    china says yo
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 18:56
    @jj-adams said
    Then what good is it?
    Stupid question.

It's not about how much we use, it's about how much we burn without needing to.

The less oil we burn, the more we have left for the chemical industry. And their products, we can at least learn to recycle.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Jan '23 19:03
    @JJ-Adams
    What good is it. One thing, oil in the ground is a good lube that prevents huge earthquakes by letting the rocks slide past one another instead of being locked and can't move which doesn't stop moving, building up energy till BANG, a huge earthquake is let loose.,

Besides, we will still be using fossil fuels for lubes, ALL vehicles need lubes, even electrics.
    We have to stop sucking off the tit of fossil fuels which will happen whether we want to or not because we will eventually run out of fossil fuels, no more to be found by ANYONE so that will happen no matter what we do as a civilization about fossil fuels.
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '23 08:39
    @sonhouse said
    @JJ-Adams
    What good is it. One thing, oil in the ground is a good lube that prevents huge earthquakes by letting the rocks slide past one another instead of being locked and can't move which doesn't stop moving, building up energy till BANG, a huge earthquake is let loose.,

Besides, we will still be using fossil fuels for lubes, ALL vehicles need lubes, even electrics.
    ...[text shortened]... to be found by ANYONE so that will happen no matter what we do as a civilization about fossil fuels.
    "we will eventually run out of fossil fuels"

That is not true. When it becomes expensive enough so few people will buy it we will never run out. Saying we will run out of petroleum is like saying there will be no more gold to pull out of the ground some day. There will always be gold in the ground because it will be too expensive to mine it all.

Price regulates supply and demand.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    28 Jan '23 23:11
    @shavixmir said
    The point is, it will run out. It’s finite.
    So, you need alternatives anyway.

Don’t worry about Saudi-Arabia though. They have loads of sun, so they’ll use that to power hydrogen plants.
    Where have we heard this catastrophizing before:

"The ravenous American appetite for minerals will lead to severe shortages in the next few decades unless the nation stops wasting resources... increasing dependence on low grade ores also mean[s] increasing costs."
    -The New York Times in 1973
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Jan '23 05:24
    @wajoma said
    Where have we heard this catastrophizing before:

"The ravenous American appetite for minerals will lead to severe shortages in the next few decades unless the nation stops wasting resources... increasing dependence on low grade ores also mean[s] increasing costs."
    -The New York Times in 1973
    So. You don’t think fossil fuels are finite?

Not surprising, you’re wrong about everything else you write too.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Jan '23 05:30
    @metal-brain said
    "we will eventually run out of fossil fuels"

That is not true. When it becomes expensive enough so few people will buy it we will never run out. Saying we will run out of petroleum is like saying there will be no more gold to pull out of the ground some day. There will always be gold in the ground because it will be too expensive to mine it all.

Price regulates supply and demand.
    Uhuh. So when it becomes so scarce that I can’t afford it anymore… I’ve run out of it. Haven’t I?

The answer is trailer trash.
    What we need to do is get those unemoloyed MAGA morons, bind them to giant hamster mills and bicycles… which are attached to dynamos… and force them to run and cycle 8 ours a day in 3 shifts.

Not only do we power the grid, but they get healthier; don’t have time for Chrystal Meth, and they’ll be too tired to spout their racist, incel stupidity online in the evenings.

Run boys, run!
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Jan '23 05:554 edits
    @shavixmir said
    So. You don’t think fossil fuels are finite?

Not surprising, you’re wrong about everything else you write too.
    Yep they're finite but we haven't scratched the surface yet. The point was your scare stories have worn out the way the boy cried wolf too many times.

Look out we're going to fry from global warming.
    Look out we're going to run out of oil, coal, minerals, trees, water, polar bears etc etc etc you name it.
    Look out you're going to get wuflu and die a slow horrible death while whimpering 'wish I took the clot shot, sob sob"

There's plenty of oil and when it becomes more expensive to extract the price will start creeping up naturally, we don't need artificial taxes and fines (ah but I repeat myself) from goobermint.

Yes, yes they are, your scarey stories have lost their mojo, no ones listening to you or the NYT, no, no they aren't (listening). You've become irrelevant shag doody.

Edit: (haha, no, no I can't help it, remember that stupid phase you went through where you kept repeating yourself. Yes, yes you do shag, you remember ;^) Same with 'goobermint', when I'm speaking it doesn't come out as government anymore, goobermint has crept into my vocab, a habit's been formed, people are giving odd looks, like wtf ;^)
  9. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Jan '23 08:09
    @wajoma said
    Yep they're finite but we haven't scratched the surface yet. The point was your scare stories have worn out the way the boy cried wolf too many times.

Look out we're going to fry from global warming.
    Look out we're going to run out of oil, coal, minerals, trees, water, polar bears etc etc etc you name it.
    Look out you're going to get wuflu and die a slow horrible death ...[text shortened]... oobermint has crept into my vocab, a habit's been formed, people are giving odd looks, like wtf ;^)
    🙄
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Jan '23 09:31
    @shavixmir said
    Uhuh. So when it becomes so scarce that I can’t afford it anymore… I’ve run out of it. Haven’t I?

The answer is trailer trash.
    What we need to do is get those unemoloyed MAGA morons, bind them to giant hamster mills and bicycles… which are attached to dynamos… and force them to run and cycle 8 ours a day in 3 shifts.

Not only do we power the grid, but they get health ...[text shortened]... hey’ll be too tired to spout their racist, incel stupidity online in the evenings.

Run boys, run!
    You cannot say I am wrong. If Bill Gates can afford it has it run out?
    I can see everything is about you. I cannot afford an oil refinery. Did we run out of oil refineries because I cannot buy one?

You are such a narcissist. It is all about you, but you think you are a leftist. Is that just to fool yourself into thinking you care about other people? Rich democrats are just republicans that feel guilty about being money sucking greedy people. Being a democrat is just a way to feel better about being selfish.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree