1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 20:17
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    what about a country that has the:

- funds to carry out the threats?

- prior history of carrying out the threats?

- prior history of concealing weapons programs?

how many match that profile?
    Besides the US and Israel?
  2. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 20:30
    do you feel like putting yourself in the hands of the Iranians?
  3. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 20:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You do realize that he had nothing (at least WMD-wise) to hide? Or do I have to dig up the US report by Duelfer(?) again?
    Don't forget the "Yellow Cake". Judging by the size of his ding dong he was eating it all himself.

GRANNY.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 20:53
    do you feel like putting yourself in the hands of the Iranians?
    Depends on the Iranian. http://www.wiihotties.com/2009/02/13/lucky-13-leyla-milani-is-our-whod/

Really do you think your own paranoia is a sufficient justification to keep attacking other countries and causing ten of thousands of deaths and untold suffering and misery? Don't you think a country should actually do something threatening before you start blowing it up?
  5. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 21:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Depends on the Iranian. http://www.wiihotties.com/2009/02/13/lucky-13-leyla-milani-is-our-whod/

Really do you think your own paranoia is a sufficient justification to keep attacking other countries and causing ten of thousands of deaths and untold suffering and misery? Don't you think a country should actually do something threatening before you start blowing it up?
    repeat:

what about a country that has the:

6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 21:081 edit
    repeat:

[b]what about a country that has the:

[/b]
    Iran doesn't. What "threats" have they carried out?

Virtually every country meets the other two requirements as it doesn't take that much in the way of funds to develop WMDs and pretty much every country keeps its weapons programs secret.
  7. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 21:09
    have we attacked Iran?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 21:10
    have we attacked Iran?
    You'd like us to:

zeeblenuts: do you feel like putting yourself in the hands of the Iranians?
  9. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 21:16
    i meant would you rather live with world peace in the hands of the iranians or in the hands of the US? you could try living IN iran to see how you'd like it.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 21:231 edit
    i meant would you rather live with world peace in the hands of the iranians or in the hands of the US? you could try living IN iran to see how you'd like it.
    World peace would definitely be more secure in the hands of the Iranian government than the US government if past performance is any guide. When was the last time Iran invaded anybody?
  11. Joined
    24 Aug '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 21:46
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It's an interesting question why Blair really decided to go to war with Iraq. Was it really just sucking up to the Americans, or was there more involved?
    I think it was simply ego (with a hint of Christian fundamentalism thrown in). Blair wanted (and still wants) to be seen as a major, historical world statesman and, unfortunately, the easiest way to accomplish that is to go to war. Bush invaded for money and oil, Blair invaded for ego.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 22:31
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    It's an interesting question why Blair really decided to go to war with Iraq. Was it really just sucking up to the Americans, or was there more involved?
    yes it was shocking, a million persons in this country marched against this war, it was hugely unpopular in Europe, Blair himself received ridicule that made him a kind of puppy dog to arguably the worst president in American history. It cost the death of expert weapons inspector Dr.Kelly and resulted in resignations within Blairs own Cabinet. All in all it was a disastrous decision and as yet, i have still to determine what it was about. The moral aspect has no weight and to many is really nothing more than an insidious lie.
  13. silicon valley
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 23:45
    "poodle"
  14. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    29 Jan '10 23:55
    Originally posted by The Snapper
    I think it was simply ego (with a hint of Christian fundamentalism thrown in). Blair wanted (and still wants) to be seen as a major, historical world statesman and, unfortunately, the easiest way to accomplish that is to go to war. Bush invaded for money and oil, Blair invaded for ego.
    Bush invaded for money and oil, Blair invaded for ego.

I think that's about the bottom line of it.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    30 Jan '10 03:56
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8485694.stm

[b]Tony Blair has said the Iraq war made the world a safer place and he has "no regrets" about removing Saddam Hussein.

In a robust defence of his decision to back war, Mr Blair said Saddam was a "monster and I believe he threatened not just the region but the world."

Ok, I understa ...[text shortened]... enter america's war? and isn't it a little dramatic to claim he was a threat to the world?[/b]
    It depends on what they knew.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree