Hulu or Netflix?

Hulu or Netflix?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
17 Nov 17

Cable TV is 99% garbage. The only thing I watch is an occasional Notre Dame football game (which was pretty depressing last week!) I'm thinking of disconnecting and going with either Hulu or Netflix. Any ideas which is better?

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
17 Nov 17

Originally posted by @mchill
Cable TV is 99% garbage. The only thing I watch is an occasional Notre Dame football game (which was pretty depressing last week!) I'm thinking of disconnecting and going with either Hulu or Netflix. Any ideas which is better?
I like several Netflix original series.

Moves
17 Nov 17

https://www.pcmag.com/article/348989/netflix-vs-hulu-streaming-service-showdown

rain

Moves
17 Nov 17

I haven't had cable in years, and only had paid subscriptions to those two service. I currently stream through Roku, so I can watch those shows on TV.

Hulu was far superior for a while, because they offered TV shows, while Netflix offered movies. Then, Hulu started offering movies, and I nearly cancelled Netflix. Netflix then upped their game, and started offering TV shows as well. Both now offer their own original shows as well.

For a while, I would've recommended having Hulu over Netflix. But now, Netflix currently has the advantage of offering more specials. For example, if you like stand-up comedy like from Dave Chappelle, they would be on Netflix. And recently, Hulu made an absolutely awful choice to their interface, and made it quite unsightly and confusing. They had a vastly more efficient layout before.

So if you absolutely have to pick only one, I'd recommend Netflix. If you prefer TV shows to movies, I'd go with Hulu. But, I have those services for only 7 bucks each, so I think having both would be most ideal.

w

Moves
17 Nov 17

Originally posted by @mchill
Why not get Hulaflix?

rain

Moves
17 Nov 17

Originally posted by @whodey
Why not get Hulaflix?
Or Netlu.

rain

Moves
17 Nov 17

Originally posted by @vivify
Or Netlu.
Or Hulix

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
18 Nov 17

Originally posted by @sh76
I like several Netflix original series.
Oh. The L word. I like! It's so analytical. Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you. 😀

rain

Moves
18 Nov 17

Netflix and mchill.