Hillary turns over e mail server

Hillary turns over e mail server

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

b
Enigma

Seattle

Moves
12 Aug 15
2 edits

Hillary Clinton has decided (finally) to turn over her e mail server to the justice dept. I don't know the law well enough to conclude anything here, but if Hillary was going to turn this info over, she should have done it awhile back. By hanging on to it, then waiting until Trump's little sideshow became the main political attraction to turn it over, it looks like she's trying to time this move to minimize any political fallout, since attention is now focused on Trump. Bad move Hillary! You should have gotten out in front of this months ago.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/12/us-usa-election-clinton-emails-idUSKCN0QG2DZ20150812

rain

Moves
13 Aug 15

http://i.imgur.com/JhTYz0X.png

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
13 Aug 15

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
13 Aug 15

Originally posted by bill718
Hillary Clinton has decided (finally) to turn over her e mail server to the justice dept. I don't know the law well enough to conclude anything here, but if Hillary was going to turn this info over, she should have done it awhile back. By hanging on to it, then waiting until Trump's little sideshow became the main political attraction to turn it over, it loo ...[text shortened]...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/08/12/us-usa-election-clinton-emails-idUSKCN0QG2DZ20150812
The email server was most likely a RAID array of hard drives, perhaps as many as a dozen. While single hard drives can't be totally erased, and technical experts can recover data from those that has been "deleted", even magnetically wiped.

Raid arrays are multiple drives acting as one, for more storage, and theoretically redundancy. Trouble is that the array can remain in tact, while replacing individual drives. So, the process to cover her ample butt would be to remove emails implicating her, or containing sensitive data, and than copy all of what's left to a new RAID array, leaving not a trace of any of the offending emails. She's had months to have this done. The original hard drives end up crushed in a auto junkyard, unless like Rose Law Firm billing records they are found a decade later in her reading room.

Moves
14 Aug 15

I am unclear. A true or false question:
Had a federal judge threatened Mrs Clinton with a perjury charge before she gave up the server?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 15

Originally posted by bill718
Hillary Clinton has decided (finally) to turn over her e mail server to the justice dept. I don't know the law well enough to conclude anything here, but if Hillary was going to turn this info over, she should have done it awhile back. By hanging on to it, then waiting until Trump's little sideshow became the main political attraction to turn it over, it loo ...[text shortened]...
Uh Oh

w

Moves
14 Aug 15

Originally posted by normbenign
The email server was most likely a RAID array of hard drives, perhaps as many as a dozen. While single hard drives can't be totally erased, and technical experts can recover data from those that has been "deleted", even magnetically wiped.

Raid arrays are multiple drives acting as one, for more storage, and theoretically redundancy. Trouble is that the ...[text shortened]... rd, unless like Rose Law Firm billing records they are found a decade later in her reading room.
Nothing to see here Bernie Sanders.

Move along. 😵

w

Moves
14 Aug 15

Originally posted by stevemcc
I am unclear. A true or false question:
Had a federal judge threatened Mrs Clinton with a perjury charge before she gave up the server?
Steve, these people are untouchable.

Nothing will come of it.

7 edits

The moral highground

Moves
15 Aug 15

Is this actually the bad news for her that all my right wing media source's say it is?

w

Moves
15 Aug 15

Originally posted by Brother Edwin
Is this actually the bad news for her that all my right wing media source's say it is?
Does the right wing ever get good news?

No.

E

Moves
16 Aug 15
1 edit

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/fbi-hillary-clinton-email-platte-river/2015/08/13/id/669926/

Looks like she turned it over only after she had it wiped.

But hey that won't prevent the faithful from claiming she has turned over her server.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
17 Aug 15

Only if the Democrats start using their brains and don't vote for her. 😏

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
17 Aug 15

No. There is nothing left on that server, that will implicate her. See my post above.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
17 Aug 15

In the sense that most people, right or left, have suspicions anyway, this can't be helpful to Mrs. Clinton. I continue to say that she will not be the Democratic nominee.

w

Moves
17 Aug 15

Originally posted by normbenign
No. There is nothing left on that server, that will implicate her. See my post above.
Right, all e-mails are traceable, except for Hillary and the IRS.