Higher Health Premiums

Higher Health Premiums

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Germany

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by Hugh Glass
go to this site for REAL information..... www.patientslikeme.com

there you'll see posts in forums for almost every kind of chronic ailment, from people world wide..... Far too many for me to write about. I have been a member for 5 years.
I'm not standing on the side lines........
google up this procedure given to people with MS in the states...CCVSI. ...[text shortened]... anada.....
If I had the time, I'd write a whole paper for you on MS treatments available...
Surely anecdotal evidence about MS treatment is not a good measure of the overall quality of health care?

HG

Moves
28 Sep 11

Originally posted by techsouth
So you're acknowledging the government will ration health care, and that not only was Sarah Palin right about the "death panels", but that everyone who called her a lair for bringing this up are themselves a liar?
I just started medicare, and was surprised at what they don't cover as compared to my United healthcare plan..for example,, I have been taking a disease modifying drug for 5 years called copaxone,, with a 50 dollar per month co-pay..this co-pay under medicare is 1400.00 a month. I have been relativley symptom free since taking this drug,, so????? I was lucky and received a grant from the company for THIS year. So, without copaxone would I die? probably not. would I lose my ability to walk? Who knows..would I like to keep taking it? Of course....
same goes for three other MS drugs I was taking, provigil, nuvigal, ambien CR.
None approved by medicare....... so will I die...no but is my quality of life worse,,?
yes.....
and yes I do pay for optional part D.....

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
29 Sep 11

Originally posted by techsouth
So you're acknowledging the government will ration health care, and that not only was Sarah Palin right about the "death panels", but that everyone who called her a lair for bringing this up are themselves liars?
Yes, and I was also implicitly calling for the communist party of the United States to overthrow the government.

Thanks for making me aware of my own subconscious thoughts.

Reepy Rastardly Guy

Dustbin of history

Moves
29 Sep 11

Originally posted by wittywonka
Yes, and I was also implicitly calling for the communist party of the United States to overthrow the government.

I knew it.

t

Garner, NC

Moves
29 Sep 11

Originally posted by wittywonka

I'm not trying to psychoanalyze. Just pointing out necessary inference.

If you have not thought of this implication, perhaps you ought. You'd then
have a different view of the integrity of the politicians you favor.

Moves
30 Sep 11

Originally posted by spruce112358
http://news.yahoo.com/survey-health-insurance-costs-surged-2011-150718585.html

"A study by the Kaiser Family Foundation says annual premiums for family coverage climbed 9 percent compared to 2010, when they rose only 3 percent."

Hilarious. The first benefits of Obamacare -- higher health premiums.

As Milton Friedman always said -- more government regulation raises prices. Just incredible how right the man has been over the years.
Absent price regulation, duh.