Heksenjacht?

Heksenjacht?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
01 Dec 10

Is the Dutch media going too far?

http://www.opendemocracy.net/tjebbe-van-tijen/wilders-and-dutch-press-scapegoater-hunted-down-as-witch?

K

Germany

Moves
01 Dec 10
1 edit

No, not really. It's pretty hilarious actually. These guys are constantly whining about law and order and how muslim youths are causing trouble, but they have more convicted criminals in their own party than there are convicted criminals among muslim youths - LOL! So if this really is a heksenjacht (witchhunt), we're talking about actual witches.

B

Moves
01 Dec 10

How would one be able to tell from that article ? It's heavy on retoric an very light on information. From what I can tell, they asked members of parliament to make their criminal records public and then publicized those, I don't really call that a witchhunt.

B

Moves
01 Dec 10

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
No, not really. It's pretty hilarious actually. These guys are constantly whining about law and order and how muslim youths are causing trouble, but they have more convicted criminals in their own party than there are convicted criminals among muslim youths - LOL! So if this really is a heksenjacht (witchhunt), we're talking about actual witches.
Make's it even more justifiable, maybe some past misdeeds are indeed irrelevant for parliamentary work, but if your main point is law and order than pointing out that hypocrisy is not only justified, but a duty of the media.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Dec 10

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Hardly.
Wilders is just being whacked with the very stick he's using to whack others with.

s
Democracy Advocate

Moves
01 Dec 10

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage

http://www.opendemocracy.net/tjebbe-van-tijen/wilders-and-dutch-press-scapegoater-hunted-down-as-witch?
I think we need to know how many Dutch officials are practicing witches or have dabbled with witchcraft in the past.