Hate

Hate

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I

Moves
12 Sep 10

Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
Hate them by all means if it pleases you, but it is more effective to apply one's faculties to the task of elimination.
Hate may cloud the intellect, but it hardens the will.

Man does not succeed solely by being smart, but also by exerting effort.

In some cases, effort is more important; and in some cases, the extent to which the will is hardened outweighs the extent to which the intellect is clouded.

Resisting the Nazis took brains; but equally, it also took grit.

w

Moves
12 Sep 10
1 edit

Originally posted by IshDaGegg
Resisting the Nazis took brains; but equally, it also took grit.[/b]
Actually it just took having a pulse. 😛

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
12 Sep 10

Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
Can you think? You have shown no signs of being abe to do so yet.
Which goes to prove my point. You could have probably had sex with a puppy during the time it took for you to force some 10 year old to write that sentence for you.

SR

Moves
13 Sep 10

Originally posted by shavixmir
Which goes to prove my point. You could have probably had sex with a puppy during the time it took for you to force some 10 year old to write that sentence for you.
I should not be at all surprised to find that you had yourself indulged in that pastime.
The very fact that a suggestion of that sort comes so readily and typically from you indicates your state of utter degradation.

Z

Moves
13 Sep 10

Originally posted by IshDaGegg
Why isn't hate the appropriate moral response?

What is hateful merits being hated. Plus, hating it may assist in the rectification of what is hateful.

So. what's your objection? This is main question in the thread.

Shavixmir says that hate wastes time. Someone else said that it squanders energy.

Well, I grant both may sometimes be true. But th ...[text shortened]... uccessful opposition to it, it would have been functional, neither a waste of time nor energy.
yes, nazi germany was hateful. while it was winning. and it sank american supply convoys. and bombed the brittish.

when it was on the ropes it was merely despicable. an evil that needed to be eradicated. rather than allow hate to rule them and make them charge into germany they kept a cool head and maneuvered so that as few ally lives were lost as possible.