Global warming may cause us to evolve?

Global warming may cause us to evolve?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
14 Jan 16

http://occupyilluminati.com/global-warming-could-cause-humans-to-develop-webbed-feet/

Scientists are now speculating that global warming may cause us to develop webbed feet and cat like eyes.

I would argue, but why? You can't fix stupid or crazy. 🙄

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
14 Jan 16

Originally posted by whodey
http://occupyilluminati.com/global-warming-could-cause-humans-to-develop-webbed-feet/

Scientists are now speculating that global warming may cause us to develop webbed feet and cat like eyes.

How do you think humans will evolve?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Jan 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
How do you think humans will evolve?
Humans will obviously devolve like they have been doing for thousands of years. I do not see any evidence that they will evolve. 😏

P

Moves
15 Jan 16
1 edit

Evolution occurs when some small or large mutation occurs that enables the specie to survive with greater success. Success is measured by increased reproduction due to a longer survival rate. If these mutations are passed on to their progeny, it will give them a leg up on living longer and reproducing more. As nations become more economically stable and it's people are healthier, they tend to have fewer children so I think for humans, the standard way we view evolution is disrupted. Also , humans have the ability to modify their bodies through technology. I think we can expect mass pandemic diseases due to the speed with which global warming will produce new antibiotic resistant bacteria. International transportation will help spread such diseases rapidly across the planet. Perhaps it is not too far fetched to see a significant percentage of the human race being wiped out. Indeed, this scenario is probably the best for all other species.

jb

Moves
15 Jan 16

Originally posted by whodey

Maybe they think we will evolve to have less hair on our bodies to cope with the heat. Oh thats right they say we already have done that before man made global warming. Hmmm… something doesn't make sense!!! LOL

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Jan 16

It all comes down to reproduction.
What gives us an edge in propagating our genes?
Seems stupidity is right up there.

I predict future humans will have substantially lower IQs and huge libidos.

K

Germany

Moves
15 Jan 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59
It all comes down to reproduction.
What gives us an edge in propagating our genes?
Seems stupidity is right up there.

I predict future humans will have substantially lower IQs and huge libidos.
There is an interesting situation now because a child is very likely to reach adulthood regardless of what the parents do. So in an evolutionary sense it pays off much more for women to be promiscuous, whereas previously this carried risks when the male would not assist in child-rearing. Over time, one should therefore expect women to become increasingly promiscuous.