Flaming Tomato Awards 2010

Flaming Tomato Awards 2010

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
21 Dec 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
I believe the [b]Most Morally Exemplary Poster of 2010 award should go to rwingett for constantly standing up for the principles he believes in and always showing a desire to alleviate the problems of poverty and seeking to address the evils of the materialist age we live in. by the way, Although rwingett's pearls of wisdom are second to none I bel ...[text shortened]... whodey, for always coming up with the most risible conspiracy theories imaginable. (obviously)[/b]
And the general recieves the "Pretender Award" for PM'ing me at times in agreement while blasting me on the boards.

Nice.

g

Pepperland

Moves
21 Dec 10

Originally posted by whodey
And the general recieves the "Pretender Award" for PM'ing me at times in agreement while blasting me on the boards.

Nice.
well, in all fairness I haven't been agreeing with you for a long time (both privatly and publicly).

I have renounced most of my previous statements on american politics, especially regarding social matters and taxation, as well as the media.

w

Moves
21 Dec 10

Originally posted by generalissimo
well, in all fairness I haven't been agreeing with you for a long time (both privatly and publicly).

I have renounced most of my previous statements on american politics, especially regarding social matters and taxation, as well as the media.
Well at least you are no longer a schizophrenic. At least everyone knows who and what you are now. 😕

g

Pepperland

Moves
21 Dec 10
1 edit

Well at least you are no longer a schizophrenic. At least everyone knows who and what you are now. 😕
I don't believe I ever was "schizophrenic", you simply failed to fully comprehend my ideas, and the motives behind them, that's all.

no, nobody really knows who and what I am now, nor will they ever know. For all you know Im FMF in disguise.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
21 Dec 10

Nice.
You too ?! I thought I was the only one! LOL

We should take a poll of how many posters have been subjected to generalissimos creepy, stalkish, schizo-like PM's 🙄😀😲🙂🙄

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
21 Dec 10
1 edit

The Earl Warren/David H. Souter memorial* award for hardest shift to the left is hereby awarded to generalissimo. From a defender of lassais faire capitalism and (mild) apologist for right wing dictators to nominating rwingett and soothfast for awards... all in the space of maybe a year and a half...

Congratulations, G-mo. Breathtaking. 😉

* I know, I know. Souter's still alive; but why get bogged down in details? Besides, this isn't the sort of thread No1 would frequent, so I could probably get away with saying that Souter is dead and most of the readers wouldn't know the difference.

T

Moves
21 Dec 10

Originally posted by utherpendragon
We should take a poll of how many posters have been subjected to generalissimos creepy, stalkish, schizo-like PM's.
I'd like to place it on record that generalissimo's messages to me over a game of chess are a model of courtesy and civility.

But I think that Earl Warren / David Souter Award might well be justified!

Hy-Brasil

Moves
21 Dec 10

Originally posted by Teinosuke
I'd like to place it on record that generalissimo's messages to me over a game of chess are a model of courtesy and civility.

But I think that Earl Warren / David Souter Award might well be justified!
thats good to know. I am speaking specifically of sent PM's concerning the debates forum.

K

Germany

Moves
21 Dec 10

The John Forbes Nash, Jr. award is jointly awarded to whodey and Wajoma, for increasingly erratic and paranoid behaviour and advances in game theory respectively. The genius of both contributors is, however, yet to be recognized by the establishment.

g

Pepperland

Moves
21 Dec 10

Originally posted by sh76
The [b]Earl Warren/David H. Souter memorial* award for hardest shift to the left is hereby awarded to generalissimo. From a defender of lassais faire capitalism and (mild) apologist for right wing dictators to nominating rwingett and soothfast for awards... all in the space of maybe a year and a half...

Congratulations, G-mo. Breathtaking. ...[text shortened]... et away with saying that Souter is dead and most of the readers wouldn't know the difference.[/b]
Im honored to receive this award. 🙂

I'd say your verdict is very sagacious, although it must be said, I still have a soft spot for few right-wing dictators out there.

K

Germany

Moves
21 Dec 10

Meanwhile, sh76 continues his dominating streak in the Dwight D. Eisenhower Cup for being too reasonable to be a Republican.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
21 Dec 10

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Meanwhile, sh76 continues his dominating streak in the [b]Dwight D. Eisenhower Cup for being too reasonable to be a Republican.[/b]
LOL

I like Ike!

T

Moves
21 Dec 10

The Ron Paul Award for Ideological Inflexibility is hereby awarded jointly to Wajoma and no1marauder.

w

Moves
21 Dec 10

Originally posted by sh76
The [b]Earl Warren/David H. Souter memorial* award for hardest shift to the left is hereby awarded to generalissimo. From a defender of lassais faire capitalism and (mild) apologist for right wing dictators to nominating rwingett and soothfast for awards... all in the space of maybe a year and a half...

Congratulations, G-mo. Breathtaking. ...[text shortened]... et away with saying that Souter is dead and most of the readers wouldn't know the difference.[/b]
I have to disagree. I got the impression that the general never was right leaning, rather, he just pretended to be. That is why I much prefer the great pretender award over yours.

w

Moves
21 Dec 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Teinosuke
The [b]Ron Paul Award for Ideological Inflexibility is hereby awarded jointly to Wajoma and no1marauder.[/b]
Just think, if we had a whole Congress of inflexible lawmakers like him we might actually be forced to balance the budget!!

God forbid this ever happens.