Felony disenfranchisement

Felony disenfranchisement

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Nov 12

I understand that in certain states of the USA, there is a class of people relegated to permanent second-class status on grounds of previous felony conviction. However some states have seen the light and overturned this vicious practice. Is this positive trend likely to continue?

d

Moves
07 Nov 12

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
I understand that in certain states of the USA, there is a class of people relegated to permanent second-class status on grounds of previous felony conviction. However some states have seen the light and overturned this vicious practice. Is this positive trend likely to continue?
You would have to be more specific about what constitutes a second class citizen. If you mean ex cons can't vote, then I wasn't aware any states allowed that.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
07 Nov 12

Originally posted by dryhump
You would have to be more specific about what constitutes a second class citizen. If you mean ex cons can't vote, then I wasn't aware any states allowed that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felony_disenfranchisement#United_States