17 Feb '19 19:53

Removed by poster

2. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 20:10
    @js357 said
    Yes, but then why should Bill and Jack pay the same percentage of their income as taxes? If Bill makes ten times as much as Jack, Bill is taxed ten times as much as Jack. Does Bill get ten times as much in government services, military protection, publicly funded education, potholes filled, etc.? Who says? Bill should pay the same amount as Jack, except for optional extras like those vanity plates on Bill’s car.

How can someone like you not see this?
    Your ideas point up that we can never be a Utopia. Simplest way I can comment, is that I may have 6 children in that tax-funded grade school. Yet, you with one child have to pay same tax amount I do. It’s not fair, as libs like to say. They are correct.
  3. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 20:29
    @handyandy said
    Fox news?
    Faux news. 🙂
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 20:36
    @averagejoe1 said
    Your ideas point up that we can never be a Utopia. Simplest way I can comment, is that I may have 6 children in that tax-funded grade school. Yet, you with one child have to pay same tax amount I do. It’s not fair, as libs like to say. They are correct.
    It is fair. Tax revenue used to fund public schools benefits the entire community, not just residents with children.
  5. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 20:49
    @handyandy said
    It is fair. Tax revenue used to fund public schools benefits the entire community, not just residents with children.
    It is fair. Badexample😬
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 21:18
    @averagejoe1 said
    It is fair. Badexample😬
    It's a "bad example" because it doesn't support your specious argument.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 22:24
    @averagejoe1 said
    It is fair. Badexample😬
    I think we each have to decide whether the overall costs and benefits are fair enough.
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    17 Feb '19 22:37
    @js357 said
    I think we each have to decide whether the overall costs and benefits are fair enough.
    My thoughts of tax-funded Free College crept in, which is not a good idea, in my opinion. Didn’t mean grade school. My bad.
    Yes, of course considerations of costs have to addressed in any event while budgeting.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 18:06
    @js357 said
    Actually, only lawmakers decide what is fair and what is not.

That's the problem.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 19:41
    @js357 said
    Nice can of worms. Whose place is it to tell a $10m millionaire that he has enough. I’m not saying here whether that is enough or not, I am asking who is the entity or person that tells that man that he has ‘enough’? Why, That man may think that he has to have more if he is going to continue to build factories and create jobs. What a pickle.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 19:47
    @whodey said
    Actually, only lawmakers decide what is fair and what is not.

That's the problem.
    If only there was a way to influence who those lawmakers are...
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    18 Feb '19 20:29
    @kazetnagorra said
    If only there was a way to influence who those lawmakers are...
    Lawmakers have such influence right before their eyes. They could simply Look at successful businesses, and the people who run them, and learn. Then, apply the discovered concepts to the running of our country. They'd better hurry.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 15:13
    @averagejoe1 said
    Before a final ‘way to collect federal income tax’ can be agreed upon’ , I would think we should agree, first, it is ok for Bill to make More Money than Jack. The key factor is that Bill works harder, smarter than Jack. At end of the day, Bill has more money on his kitchen table than Jack. Our leaders then decide what percentage of their respective money go into the ‘com ...[text shortened]... ! THIS should be the issue in this thread. Maybe in the process we will discover def of fair share.
    It is not true that the rich work harder or longer hours than the working poor. Many in the U.S. who are earning less than $20/hour are working multiple jobs. Sometimes they work multiple full time jobs, have kids and are trying to further their education. Many who are wealthy have no student debt due to rich parents plus they may have inherited wealth which they in no way earned via their time or effort. The rich have many ways to shelter their wealth from taxes. Not so for the middle and lower classes.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 15:55
    @phranny said
    It is not true that the rich work harder or longer hours than the working poor. Many in the U.S. who are earning less than $20/hour are working multiple jobs. Sometimes they work multiple full time jobs, have kids and are trying to further their education. Many who are wealthy have no student debt due to rich parents plus they may have inherited wealth which they in no way ea ...[text shortened]... The rich have many ways to shelter their wealth from taxes. Not so for the middle and lower classes.
    Lower class kid gets free education...does well, creates hundreds of jobs...THEN, liberals tells him he makes too much, then want to take it from him...liberal logic.
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 16:11
    @mott-the-hoople said
    Lower class kid gets free education...does well, creates hundreds of jobs...THEN, liberals tells him he makes too much, then want to take it from him...liberal logic.
    Student debt is at crisis levels. This article is from Forbes, a respected business journal. https://www.forbes.com/sites/zackfriedman/2018/06/13/student-loan-debt-statistics-2018/#6cd951a07310
    When young educated citizens carry this kind of debt, they cannot buy the goods and services that fuel our economy. They shop at Goodwill, rent a dwelling and buy used cars. They cannot afford to start a business with this level of debt. This is a greater crisis for our citizens than the people at our border who are fleeing violence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree