Er.....um.....France is burning

Er.....um.....France is burning

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A

RSA

Moves
26 Nov 18

@sonhouse said
@Ashiitaka
Let them eat cake, let them eat buns, still the same message of arrogance.
My point was (which might not have been clearly conveyed) that it's unlikely that she said either. It's more likely that the words were put in her mouth.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Nov 18

@whodey said
Wait, martials are the ones with Sheriffs and Deputies.

Where did you go to school son?
Squirming your way out of a pit of ignorance?
You'll fall back in again soon.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Nov 18

@ashiitaka said
My point was (which might not have been clearly conveyed) that it's unlikely that she said either. It's more likely that the words were put in her mouth.
You were the first one to reference her saying "Let them eat cake"
Nobody else did.

Then you said it was untrue.

Bit of a strange post.

Moves
27 Nov 18

@sonhouse said
@Ashiitaka
Let them eat cake, let them eat buns, still the same message of arrogance.
Not the point. She never said it at all. All France knows this by now, but Limeys and Yanks persist in believing it, just as they keep insisting (despite hardly speaking German themselves) that Kennedy's Berliner was a gaffe.

Z

Moves
27 Nov 18

@whodey said
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/paris-burning-protesters-set-streets-fire-8th-day-225523581--abc-news-topstories.html

I'd hate to see the carbon emissions from all these fires.

Anyhew.

France is now burning over protests for the French government raising the cost of fuel about 30 cents.

So how can these radicals be suppressed as the brave leaders of the French government ...[text shortened]... elections to save Mother Earth or are there enough votes to keep the Left wing government in place?
venezuela