1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    06 Apr '24 14:12
    @suzianne said
    Here's another:
    Marjorie Taylor Greene thinks earthquake and eclipse are a warning from God

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-taylor-greene-thinks-earthquake-220708429.html

And another:
    Nothing true under the sun: Why solar eclipses are a breeding ground for conspiracy theories

https://www.salon.com/2024/04/05/nothing-true-under-the-sun-why-solar-eclipses-are-a-breeding-ground-for-conspiracy-theories/
    Surely people don’t really still believe in Gods and fairies??

I thought they were just saying that in this forum to take the pish.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    06 Apr '24 15:58
    @suzianne said
    Oh, really??

Donald Trump says you're wrong.
    Apparently there's a rumor going round that the Donald will be looking up at the sun from the front steps of Mar a Lago. If you calculate the geometry his gaze will make with the pathway of the eclipses then apparently that will be a 33degree angle-which will identify him as being one of the elite which will lead to the main stream media giving him their unbridled support.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 12:312 edits
    It’s all kicking off in looney la-la land.

Marjorie Taylor Greene thinks it a sign America should repent of its sins; presumably for voting in Biden the Antichrist. Alex Jones… well have a look yourselves.

You really couldn’t make this stuff up.

https://news.sky.com/story/armageddon-in-illinois-nefarious-scientists-warning-signs-from-god-marjorie-taylor-greene-alex-jones-and-influencers-peddle-conspiracy-theories-about-solar-eclipse-13110035
  4. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 13:29
    It's not just crazy republicans. I live in liberal land and they have declared a state of emergency. 🤦 Tweets and warnings and road closures too. It's like lockdown again.

What is wrong with people?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 13:48
    @fartacus said
    It's not just crazy republicans. I live in liberal land and they have declared a state of emergency. 🤦 Tweets and warnings and road closures too. It's like lockdown again.

What is wrong with people?
    What’s the reason given for the state of emergency?
    Do they think aliens are coming or maybe the moon will scrape the earth as it passes overhead?
  6. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 13:57
    No idea.
    I've seen other solar eclipses here and it wasn't a big deal. Not sure why this time is.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 14:54
    Because they’ve been whipped up into a frenzy. Democrats are evil, woke is evil, liberals are evil and everything is scary and terrifying.

We have seen it before. Nothing new.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 17:19
    @shavixmir said
    Because they’ve been whipped up into a frenzy. Democrats are evil, woke is evil, liberals are evil and everything is scary and terrifying.

We have seen it before. Nothing new.
    It all seems to be fuelled by a deep paranoia and a devotion their version of Jesus who wants Trump to be president but somehow lacked the power to make the second term happen last time.
  9. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    07 Apr '24 17:44
    So why is my local liberal government sending out notifications to announce a state of emergency. Have plenty of water and food before the event blah blah blah.

It's not just republicans you meatheads.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 19:33
    Did all you US people make it through the eclipse without being raptured or melted?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 19:39
    @Fartacus
    Yeah, it is funny how here we are, century 21 and people still get freaked out over an event lasting a few minutes and we know EXACTLY what it is, why it is, how long they run and all of that but stupid people abound. You can imagine what they though a thousand years ago when science was just a dream a few people had. Hell, they thought lightning was a pissed off god. Even though it is still just as deadly now if you happen to get whacked by one. I almost did once, on a bike going from Tucson to Phoenix, riding by the superstition mountains, a lightning strike so close to my ass I felt the heat of it on my neck. Now THAT is close enough. Got off the bike and found a bus shelter for the duration of the storm.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree