1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 14:46
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Correct, this is what I meant. Contributes to, not caused by.
    You are still wrong. Global warming does NOT contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 16:58
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    FALSE!
    Global warming does not contribute to it.
    Originally posted by @vivify
    The thinning of the Ozone Layer isn't caused by global warming
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 18:40
    FALSE!
    Global warming does not contribute to it. CFCs and other man made chemicals contribute to it, but not global warming.
    Why are you screaming false?I

He said, the thinning of the ozone layer is not caused by global warming but contributes TO global warming. And now here you are, screaming that global warming does not contribute to the thinning of the ozone layer. We've established that. Everyone else has moved on, except you.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 18:44
    You are still wrong. Global warming does NOT contribute to the depletion of the ozone layer.
    You are obstinately determined to misunderstand everyone, aren't you?
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 21:134 edits
    [b]The thinning of the Ozone Layer isn't caused by global warming
    [/b]
    Omissions....sigh.

"The thinning of the Ozone Layer isn't caused by global warming, but contributes to it"

It contributes to it? Mislead much?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 21:14
    You are obstinately determined to misunderstand everyone, aren't you?
    "The thinning of the Ozone Layer isn't caused by global warming, but contributes to it."

Same to you. Contributes? FAIL!
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 21:17
    Why are you screaming false?I

He said, the thinning of the ozone layer is not caused by global warming but contributes TO global warming. And now here you are, screaming that global warming does not contribute to the thinning of the ozone layer. We've established that. Everyone else has moved on, except you.
    Nope. What is your source of information?
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jul '18 22:17
    "The thinning of the Ozone Layer isn't caused by global warming, but contributes to it."

Same to you. Contributes? FAIL!
    And even though the ozone hole can’t explain global-scale temperature trends over the past few decades, models do suggest that changes in atmospheric circulation due to the ozone hole have contributed to seasonal surface temperature trends in a few Southern Hemisphere locations, including warming of high latitudes of the Southern Ocean in late winter, and summertime warming of the Antarctic Peninsula and cooling of the continental interior.

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/4-ways-ozone-hole-linked-climate-and-1-way-it-isn%E2%80%99t
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Jul '18 02:59
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    And even though the ozone hole can’t explain global-scale temperature trends over the past few decades, models do suggest that changes in atmospheric circulation due to the ozone hole have contributed to seasonal surface temperature trends in a few Southern Hemisphere locations, including warming of high latitudes of the Southern Ocean in late winter, a ...[text shortened]... /news-features/understanding-climate/4-ways-ozone-hole-linked-climate-and-1-way-it-isn%E2%80%99t
    I agree.

Notice how your cause and effect is the opposite of what vivify suggested.
  10. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    08 Jul '18 06:37
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Just because they were wrong this doesn't mean it wasn't true.
    What I mean is, just because something isn't true this doesn't mean they were wrong because the evidence at that time proved it was true... even though it wasn't.

Wait, spinach doesn't make you stronger? Are you sure about that?
    Popeye is now emasculated and irrelevant to to the point where he might as well never have existed.

Your rant about something being true even though it was proven scientifically false? Sounds like you been drinkin' some o' that Al-Gore private reserve Kool-Aid.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '18 10:281 edit
    I agree.

Notice how your cause and effect is the opposite of what vivify suggested.
    Man, are you stupid.

Lemme guess. You're here 'cause they kicked you out of the Science Forum, right?

First, you fight with vivify and me, and then agree with No1 when he says the same thing, only with more details? You need a primer on what opposite means, apparently.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Jul '18 10:34
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Popeye is now emasculated and irrelevant to to the point where he might as well never have existed.

Your rant about something being true even though it was proven scientifically false? Sounds like you been drinkin' some o' that Al-Gore private reserve Kool-Aid.
    Global warming has not been proven false, far from it, no matter what you and Ore Brain want to believe.
  13. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    08 Jul '18 11:04
    Global warming has not been proven false, far from it, no matter what you and Ore Brain want to believe.
    Ore Brain
    Tin Top
    Lackluster Lobe
    Chelated Cortex
    Lead Head
    Bessemer Brainpan
    Zink Sink

All equally indicative of "dame bramage".
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    08 Jul '18 20:43
    I never said global warming has been proven false.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    09 Jul '18 05:011 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey

It's not my fault.
    He said it was harmless, it's just Kool-Aid.
    And then I woke up in the middle of a town hall meeting somewhere in Elbonia.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree