Capitalist hero

Capitalist hero

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Nov 13

http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/11/dr-bronners-soap-gmo-labeling-washington

If every company was run like Dr. Bronner's, then maybe even I would get on board.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
04 Nov 13

Originally posted by rwingett
http://www.motherjones.com/environment/2013/11/dr-bronners-soap-gmo-labeling-washington

If every company was run like Dr. Bronner's, then maybe even I would get on board.
Let's face it, Bronner is heroic to you not for his capitalism, but for his way out politics. To me he isn't more or less heroic than Gates, Jobs, Buffet or the Koch brothers.

People rich and poor can spend their own money as the wish.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Nov 13

Originally posted by normbenign
Let's face it, Bronner is heroic to you not for his capitalism, but for his way out politics. To me he isn't more or less heroic than Gates, Jobs, Buffet or the Koch brothers.

He is heroic. Because he recognizes that there are things more important than the bottom line. He has dared to put a human face on capitalism and has come out farther ahead for it than the Koch brothers ever will.

Moves
05 Nov 13

He is heroic. Because he recognizes that there are things more important than the bottom line. He has dared to put a human face on capitalism and has come out farther ahead for it than the Koch brothers ever will.
Interesting that your one critique comes from one I'd think to be an ally. But maybe it isn't a critique, it is an elevation.

Moves
05 Nov 13

Originally posted by JS357
Interesting that your one critique comes from one I'd think to be an ally. But maybe it isn't a critique, it is an elevation.
Oops, here below is where that comment belongs.

Moves
05 Nov 13

Originally posted by normbenign

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
05 Nov 13
1 edit

Read the title then saw the posters name, hmmm, that can't be right, and of course it wasn't.

That ain't capitalism dolt boy flame baiter, staking a claim on another persons product so you can scrawl your graffiti on their label is the opposite of capitalism, but I'm sure you knew that already and you had a sudden masochistic urge to get your ass kicked all over the message board, well I for one aren't biting.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Nov 13

Originally posted by JS357
Why do Norm and I get the same comment?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Nov 13

Originally posted by Wajoma
Read the title then saw the posters name, hmmm, that can't be right, and of course it wasn't.

That ain't capitalism dolt boy flame baiter, staking a claim on another persons product so you can scrawl your graffiti on their label is the opposite of capitalism, but I'm sure you knew that already and you had a sudden masochistic urge to get your ass kicked all over the message board, well I for one aren't biting.
The appropriate time to ignore me would have been BEFORE you posted this.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Nov 13
1 edit

Except he is probably doing what he is doing precisely for the bottom line.
People who want GMO labelling do so for business reasons.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Nov 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Except he is probably doing what he is doing precisely for the bottom line.
I don't think so. The article contradicts that, if you've read it.

S

Moves
05 Nov 13

"A Burning Man amulet dangles on a hemp necklace over his tie-dye shirt as he leans in toward" . . . . . ok I can stop reading now

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
05 Nov 13

Originally posted by SMesq
"A Burning Man amulet dangles on a hemp necklace over his tie-dye shirt as he leans in toward" . . . . . ok I can stop reading now
Do you assume that successful capitalists must wear business suits? One would think that the freedom to dispose of ones assets as one pleases must surely come with the freedom to dress as one pleases.

S

Moves
05 Nov 13
1 edit

One man's hero is another man's eco-fascist . . . . . the Heilbronner's have a history of pseudo-religious mental illness & it seems the latest generation are little better.

Imagine this guy running the Great Capitalist Gulag . . . . I'm pretty sure anyone with an 'off-message' perspective would be boiled down into a new line of liquid soap.

Cape Town

Moves
05 Nov 13

I don't think so. The article contradicts that, if you've read it.
So tell me, why do you think he wants GMO products labelled as such?