Building the wall is not the Christian thing to do

Building the wall is not the Christian thing to do

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by vivify
Isn't that what all Reps do when they oppose abortion or claim "religious rights" to discriminate against gays?
Usually cuz they believe in Jesus and follow him.

I'll go out on a limb here and say Jesus would not perform abortions by the tens of millions, but I digress

Jerry must be doing LSD or something near I can tell. Maybe that's how he had his coming to Jesus moment.

w

Moves
27 Mar 17

Originally posted by twhitehead
[b]Jesus, if he ever existed, was Jewish, yes. But Christians, despite the name, do not follow either Jesus' teachings nor Jewish teachings. Christianity as it is today, was at least in part created by the Romans who were very much into building walls.
Romans were into building walls?

Nehemiah was Roman?

Curses, now I'm going to have to read the whole Bible over again thanks to you.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Mar 17

Originally posted by whodey

I'll go out on a limb here and say Jesus would not perform abortions by the tens of millions, but I digress

Jerry must be doing LSD or something near I can tell. Maybe that's how he had his coming to Jesus moment.
I don't recall Jesus ever saying anything about abortion though they were fairly common in the ancient world. Perhaps you could provide a quote from the Gospels?

w

Moves
27 Mar 17

Originally posted by no1marauder
I don't recall Jesus ever saying anything about abortion though they were fairly common in the ancient world. Perhaps you could provide a quote from the Gospels?
I reckon Mary could have had an abortion and God would have approved.

My bad.

rain

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

As always, you missed the point, homeboy.

You, who supports building a wall, are trying to play on liberal beliefs by implying the California governor wants "theocracy", and therefore, opposing the wall = bad. Where was this logic when you were complaining about abortion or promoting discrimination against gays? It was nowhere to be found. This is just more of your hypocritical word vomit.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Mar 17

Curses, now I'm going to have to read the whole Bible over again thanks to you.
Its blatantly obvious that you have never read it.

w

Moves
27 Mar 17
2 edits

As always, you missed the point, homeboy.

You, who supports building a wall, are trying to play on liberal beliefs by implying the California governor wants "theocracy", and therefore, opposing the wall = bad. Where was this logic when you were complaining about abortion or promoting discrimination against gays? It was nowhere to be found. This is just more of your hypocritical word vomit.
Discriminate against gays? You mean the way polygamists are discriminated against currently? Left wingers like yourself don't seem to care

I've consistently said that the state has no business in the marriage business period. Why should they? Why should I give a damn what freaks like Nancy Pelosi or John McCan't think about who or who I should not marry? Why should I pay them a fee to get married?

It's all insane.

w

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by twhitehead
Its blatantly obvious that you have never read it.
Obviously you have, do tell.

Tell us about Nehemiah being ordained by God to rebuild the wall in Jerusalem.

rain

Moves
27 Mar 17

Discriminate against gays? You mean the way polygamists are discriminated against currently? Left wingers like yourself don't seem to care

I've consistently said that the state has no business in the marriage business period. Why should they? Why should I give a damn what freaks like Nancy Pelosi or John McCan't think about who or who I should not marry? Why should I pay them a fee to get married?

It's all insane.
This is a dumb and false argument. Making polygamy illegal isn't the same as discriminating against them. If a bakery refused to make polygamists a cake, that would be discrimination, and shouldn't be legal.

w

Moves
27 Mar 17
3 edits

This is a dumb and false argument. Making polygamy illegal isn't the same as discriminating against them. If a bakery refused to make polygamists a cake, that would be discrimination, and shouldn't be legal.
So you have no problem with not letting gays marry? It's just the cake thingy that has your panties tied up in a ball?

I would agree that not serving food at a restaurant would be discrimination, but to ask a religious person to create a cake for an event they consider to be an abomination before God is something entirely different, don't you think?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 Mar 17

I reckon Mary could have had an abortion and God would have approved.

My bad.
She had free will to do so, didn't she?

At any rate, if abortion is such an evil it's rather odd that Jesus never mentioned it, isn't it? In actuality it is not surprising since in Jewish law, "the act of birth changes the status of the fetus from a nonperson to a person (nefesh)". http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-beginning-of-life-in-judaism/

w

Moves
27 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
She had free will to do so, didn't she?

At any rate, if abortion is such an evil it's rather odd that Jesus never mentioned it, isn't it? In actuality it is not surprising since in Jewish law, "the act of birth changes the status of the fetus from a nonperson to a person (nefesh)". http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-beginning-of-life-in-judaism/
So God would have been OK with Mary having an abortion after implanting his divine seed in her and splaining her mission in life.

Got it!

Thanks for that

E

Moves
27 Mar 17

It's all insane.
Why should a marriage be between a man, woman and state?

rain

Moves
27 Mar 17

So you have no problem with not letting gays marry? It's just the cake thingy that has your panties tied up in a ball?

I would agree that not serving food at a restaurant would be discrimination, but to ask a religious person to create a cake for an event they consider to be an abomination before God is something entirely different, don't you think?
Don't be dumb. There's no reason for discrimination against gays. There is arguably a reason to keep polygamy from being legal. There may be arguments against banning polygamy as well. But it's still no comparison to gay marriage, since there's no reasonable argument for banning it, unlike polygamy.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
28 Mar 17
3 edits

So God would have been OK with Mary having an abortion after implanting his divine seed in her and splaining her mission in life.

Got it!

Thanks for that
Did she have "free will" or not? What would have happened if she had said "screw that - I'm having an abortion. After all, the Torah you gave us says that a ZEF isn't nefesh."

I notice you've dodged the rest of the post; it seems Jesus doesn't give any support to anti-abortion rights fanatics like yourself after all, so you are hardly "following him" by being one.