1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Jul '20 22:50
    @teinosuke said
    But I still think in the end that it was a trick played by billionaires on racists.
    Haha!
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    21 Jul '20 19:21
    Well... the UK parliament has voted not to have any say in post-brexit trade agreements...

How strange is that? They want out of Europe to have more control over their trade (in the EU every single nation has to agree to a trade deal), then they vote to have no say whatsoever!

How bizarre.

To make matters stranger, the UK and US have agreed that the details of any trade agreement are to remain secret. And to top it off... the secrecy is to remain for 5 years.

Anyone care to explain what the hell is going on over there?
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    21 Jul '20 20:57
    @kevcvs57 said
    But if you raise an objection shouldn’t the human mods reinstate the post, the word in question has insinuated itself into quite a few perfectly innocent words.
    Yes, I would have thought so.
  4. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    22 Jul '20 10:19
    @shavixmir said
    Well... the UK parliament has voted not to have any say in post-brexit trade agreements...

To make matters stranger, the UK and US have agreed that the details of any trade agreement are to remain secret. And to top it off... the secrecy is to remain for 5 years.
    Quite. Brexit is a plot by a bunch of free-market radicals to make us the 51st state; or perhaps one should more realistically say, a non-voting Commonwealth like Puerto Rico.
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 04:03
    To make matters even stranger...

Russia interfered with the referendum and elections (seemingly wanting to weaken the EU by having Britain leave it) and the security and secret services said it isn’t there job to protect British democracy from foreign attacks!

Uhuh.

So, in case you were thinking British politicians were bought by oligarchs (which they were) to remain quiet (which they did) and to put pressure on MI5, etc. not to investigate, you’d be wrong.
    The secret services and police didn’t need leaning on, they knew about the interference from Russia and chose to do nothing; all of their own accord.

Mind boggeling!
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jul '20 11:062 edits
    @divegeester said
    Sources? One I expect, The Independent was it?

The Johnson family are well known to be split in their opinion of Brexit, so what’s your news here?

Large companies moving to Europe? Like all the car factories were then weren’t?

Someone’s moving to Europe, so what?

Mogg is rich prick who moves his wealth around all the time...

Good to see you are still caring about all this for us 😉
    in the event of a no deal all british companies wanting to export to the eu must have an office in the eu ( even if u only employ 1 worker) ,I expect all th big firms will already have this in hand but small firms may struggle.
  7. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    24 Jul '20 03:15
    Boris has come out and said that it’s most likely going to be a no-deal brexit.

Didn’t parliament vote on that issue last year?
    Didn’t the tories say: “Don’t vote labour, because they’ll need to haggle a new deal and we’ve already got an oven-ready deal.”

With everything summed up the last 7 posts... do the pro-brexit folk not feel slightly shafted?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 13:31
    @shavixmir said
    Both sides have said that.

It's just posturing.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 13:58
    @shavixmir said

Didn’t parliament vote on that issue last year?
    Didn’t the tories say: “Don’t vote labour, because they’ll need to haggle a new deal and we’ve already got an oven-ready deal.”

With everything summed up the last 7 posts... do the pro-brexit folk not feel slightly shafted?
    OH NO, so the Brexit issue will continue!

-VR
  10. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 18:19
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Both sides have said that.

It's just posturing.
    I think you’ve been bent forward and rogered by a tory.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 18:25
    @shavixmir said
    I think you’ve been bent forward and rogered by a tory.
    What, on a Saturday?
  12. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 19:32
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    What, on a Saturday?
    Well, I presume most tories go to church on Sundays.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Jul '20 20:09
    @shavixmir said
    Well, I presume most tories go to church on Sundays.
    Yeah you can’t miss em, their the ones that are smouldering and clawing at their skin.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree