Biden Loses Supreme Court EPA Case

Biden Loses Supreme Court EPA Case

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lord

Sewers of Holland

Moves
01 Jul 22
2 edits

@averagejoe1 said
Shav, you guys are scrambling, to no avail. Our 10th amendment says that if something is not specifically addressed in the constitution, it is left to the states to make those decisions. "We the People", I always say!! Dont be embarrassed, none of the libs on the Forum get it, either.
If you say that that makes us stupid, then, by your logic, you are stupid too. (Dam, it is hard for me to get personal, maybe you libs could teach me how to do it).
Dude. I don’t give a fukk about your constitution. I’ve told you umpteen times that it’s outdated garbish. BS from a bygone era.

There’s a bloody global environmental crisis going on. The US has an agency (created by the democratically elected government) with a mandate to assist the US in reaching environmental goals (in line with the international community).

And now 6 trailer-trash appointees, 3 appointed by a corrupt right-wing government; no longer in power (although they supported an insurrection to overturn the democratically elected government… traitors basically… ) ,with absolutely no knowledge of environmental issues, decide to clip the wings of the democratically created agency.

Now, you can sit on the porch of your trailer squeaking about article 10… blah blah blah.. but from where I’m sitting (and believe it or not, that’s the majority of the world) it’s completely retarded.

In 1 week, 6 thugs (3 of them appointed by a regime which tried to overturn an election) have scrapped women’s rights, have scrapped environmental enforcement and have made carrying guns easier (in the midst of a social upheavel about gun violence and mass shootings).

You do realise this is the stuff of banana republics and crackpot dictatorships, don’t you?

Über-Nerd

Moves
01 Jul 22
1 edit

@no1marauder said
Congress clearly delegated to the EPA the power to regulate air pollution in the Clean Air Act. It has been almost astonishingly successful in doing so despite the fact conservatives bitterly opposed the creation of the agency.

Unable to get rid of it and appease their corporate masters by abolishing the EPA or repealing the Clean Air Act, right wingers simply put enou ...[text shortened]... usurpation of Congressional power in an area where judges have little or no knowledge and expertise.
It is indeed a bizarre ruling. This ruling potentially hamstrings a lot of agencies, not just the EPA. As if the SCOTUS decided the FBI could not investigate a certain specific type of crime because Congress hadn't explicitly said it could investigate that particular crime.

I think what's behind this ruling may be skepticism about climate change and an unwillingness to be seen to compromise big businesses which are contributing to climate change. It's a Trumpian ideology, through and through, but of course they wouldn't be caught dead admitting to that publicly.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
01 Jul 22

@shavixmir said
Dude. I don’t give a fukk about your constitution. I’ve told you umpteen times that it’s outdated garbish. BS from a bygone era.

There’s a bloody global environmental crisis going on. The US has an agency (created by the democratically elected government) with a mandate to assist the US in reaching environmental goals (in line with the international community).

And no ...[text shortened]... ngs).

You do realise this is the stuff of banana republics and crackpot dictatorships, don’t you?
"We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation."
—Barry Commoner in the the Earth Day issue of the journal Environment, 1970

Go back to 1970 shag doody the catastrophizers miss you.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jul 22

@wajoma said
"We are in an environmental crisis which threatens the survival of this nation, and of the world as a suitable place of human habitation."

Guess what year the Clean Air Act was passed?

Moves
01 Jul 22

@averagejoe1 said
I cannot begin to write about how feds are getting it all back to the states, it affects all of the policies of the Obama administration , and the Regulatory agencies. Absolutely huge! It ruled on the question that EPA, FCC, etc, do not have the authority to do whatever they want unless congress passes legislation. Thank god the EPA radicals have been curbed. The states ...[text shortened]... s.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-curbs-epas-power-limit-greenhouse-gas-emissions-rcna31904
BIDEN DIDN'T LOSE...............
WE ALL LOST

Moves
01 Jul 22

@wajoma said

So says, ''The Creepy Kiwi.''

Moves
01 Jul 22

@moonbus said
It is indeed a bizarre ruling. This ruling potentially hamstrings a lot of agencies, not just the EPA. As if the SCOTUS decided the FBI could not investigate a certain specific type of crime because Congress hadn't explicitly said it could investigate that particular crime.

I think what's behind this ruling may be skepticism about climate change and an unwillingness to be ...[text shortened]... deology, through and through, but of course they wouldn't be caught dead admitting to that publicly.
Big Business, political considerations....?
No, not our esteemed Supreme Court.
Really, ya' think?

v

Moves
01 Jul 22

@AverageJoe1

"Our 10th amendment says that if something is not specifically addressed in the constitution, it is left to the states to make those decisions."

You know that's not really what the 10th Amendment says, right? And you know what the 9th Amendment says, right?