Arizona Indicts Fake GOP Electors

Arizona Indicts Fake GOP Electors

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
11d

Arizona grand jury yesterday indicted 11 of the fake electors in that state with conspiracy, fraudulent schemes and artifices, fraudulent schemes and practices, and forgery for their attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Those charged included state senators Jake Hoffman and Anthony Kern, former Arizona Republican Party chair Kelli Ward, and Tyler Bowyer of the right-wing advocacy organization Turning Points Action. The indictment lists seven other co-conspirators, who are not yet named but who appear from descriptions to include Trump lawyers Rudy Giuliani, John Eastman, Christina Bobb, Boris Epshteyn, and Jenna Ellis; Trump campaign operative Mike Roman; and Trump’s former chief of staff Mark Meadows. Bobb is now senior counsel for “election integrity” for the Republican National Committee.
Trump is listed as an unindicted co-conspirator.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10d

@phranny said
Arizona grand jury yesterday indicted 11 of the fake electors in that state with conspiracy, fraudulent schemes and artifices, fraudulent schemes and practices, and forgery for their attempt to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election. Those charged included state senators Jake Hoffman and Anthony Kern, former Arizona Republican Party chair Kelli Ward, and Tyler ...[text shortened]... integrity” for the Republican National Committee.
Trump is listed as an unindicted co-conspirator.
May they all rot in hell.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
10d

My God.

Are these fake electors the same “alternative” electors republicans here have been saying “is a thing”?

Crazy world the US of A.

Über-Nerd

Moves
10d

@shavixmir said
My God.

Are these fake electors the same “alternative” electors republicans here have been saying “is a thing”?

Crazy world the US of A.
Yes.

The defense is that they were backups just in case a legal challenge to the result of the election were to have succeeded. The prosecution says, no, it wasn't that at all--they were going to try to get Pence to use the fake electors' votes instead of the genuine ones all along, but Pence didn't play along with it.

Instead of voter ID, America should implement elector ID.

Über-Nerd

Moves
10d

@suzianne said
May they all rot in hell.
I'll be satisfied if they just rot in a penitentiary.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
10d

@moonbus said
Yes.

The defense is that they were backups just in case a legal challenge to the result of the election were to have succeeded. The prosecution says, no, it wasn't that at all--they were going to try to get Pence to use the fake electors' votes instead of the genuine ones all along, but Pence didn't play along with it.

Republicans would be scary if they weren’t that stupid.

They’re the Dr. Doofenschmirtzes of politics.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10d

@shavixmir said
Republicans would be scary if they weren’t that stupid.

They’re the Dr. Doofenschmirtzes of politics.
That's the fear, that an evil genius will come along and show them all how it should be done, and we'd end up with another Hitler or Stalin.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10d
1 edit

@moonbus said
Yes.

Or just abolish the electoral college completely.

Direct popular vote (one person, one vote) is more fair and equitable. Not counting my vote because the guy I voted for didn't get the majority in my state is just adding insult to injury.

Über-Nerd

Moves
10d

@suzianne said

Direct popular vote (one person, one vote) is more fair and equitable. Not counting my vote because the guy I voted for didn't get the majority in my state is just adding insult to injury.
Trump's people are pressuring NE to change how their electors vote. In most states, it's winner take all, but in NE, electors vote proportionately (some voted Biden, some voted Trump last time, same as the Cornhuskers themselves voted). Trump's people figured out that every EC vote counts, so they are pressuring NE to adopt the winner-take-all system. It's gerrymandering with a different name.

And yes, the EC should have been abolished a long time ago.

Moves
10d

@suzianne said

you could just leave…anti American

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10d

@Mott-The-Hoople
Right, wanting the majority vote to win elections is anti American.
You get your talking points from Putin COMRADE.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10d

@moonbus said
Trump's people are pressuring NE to change how their electors vote. In most states, it's winner take all, but in NE, electors vote proportionately (some voted Biden, some voted Trump last time, same as the Cornhuskers themselves voted). Trump's people figured out that every EC vote counts, so they are pressuring NE to adopt the winner-take-all system. It's gerrymandering with a different name.

And yes, the EC should have been abolished a long time ago.
Yep, I also heard this about Trump trying to influence the election in Nebraska.

Same old playbook.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10d

@mott-the-hoople said
you could just leave…anti American
You first, anti-American.

And take your anti-American Orange Jesus with you.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
7d 6h

@Mott-The-Hoople
Hey Comrade, is it ok for there to be fake electors in a bunch of battleground states? If it is ok for Repubs to do that is it also ok if Dems did the same? Or are you saying all the fake electors were secretly dems in the first place? Dems for Trump?