1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 11:502 edits
    I usually don't work for free like this, but last nights debate was more than I could take. As I watched inane soft ball questions by the DNC's CNN, I could not help but wonder, do these people have functioning brains?

And as I saw the responses from their base, my assumptions proved correct.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-receives-backlash-after-asking-stupid-question-while-ignoring-important-issues-073124146.html

1. You don't continue to say that Trump will be impeached and then turn around and talk about how to defeat him in 2020. Here is a little tip, if Trump is actually going to be removed according to your dogma because the evidence is soooo overwhelming, then there is no need to run against him in 2020, unless of course you don't really believe he will be removed, which I suspect is the case.

2. You HAVE to talk about climate change in every debate and it MUST be the #1 topic. You must also have a sense of urgency about the issue. After all, you are telling children that they have no future and the world will end in 12 years. They then understandably go crying to the UN after being told these things and as their psychological condition worsens for being traumatized by such propaganda, they then sit there and have to listen to Mr. Cooper ask inane questions regarding Ellen being publically friendly to George Bush instead. It really does make you look like a bunch of incompetent loons, even your base thinks so.

In short, it's all about salesmen ship. You can't try to use one sales tactic and then move on to another while ignoring the first altogether, especially when that first sales point was emphasized to the extreme. Either the sky is really falling, and you are the only ones that can stop that, or it is not. Which is it?
  2. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:002 edits
    @whodey said
    I usually don't work for free like this, but last nights debate was more than I could take. As I watched inane soft ball questions by the DNC's CNN, I could not help but wonder, do these people have functioning brains?

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-receives-backlash-after-asking-stupid- ...[text shortened]... the sky is really falling, and you are the only ones that can stop that, or it is not. Which is it?

No they don't Whodey, only you and Donald Trump have functioning brains. Your words and actions are living proof you're both "stable genesis's" 😏

P.S. We're all deeply thankful for your Pro bono work on our behalf!
  3. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:03
    If just one of them would stop and say...
    "I'm not here to talk about Trump, I'm here to make America better than it already is...let's talk about real issues and not personal vendetta's...
    I'm not interested in gender issues or the so-called climate boogey man.
    I'm here to talk about the issues of a country...our country!

(Standing ovation and nomination and a 2020 loss to Trump)

Maybe if one of them said and acted like that they would have a chance.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:08
    @anderssen said
    If just one of them would stop and say...
    "I'm not here to talk about Trump, I'm here to make America better than it already is...let's talk about real issues and not personal vendetta's...
    I'm not interested in gender issues or the so-called climate boogey man.
    I'm here to talk about the issues of a country...our country!

(Standing ovation and nomination and a 2020 loss to Trump)

Maybe if one of them said and acted like that they would have a chance.
    It's almost as if they want him to win in 2020. It makes the conspiracy wheels churn.
  5. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:35
    Makes sense.
    Instead of admitting Trump is good they just throw the game so they can still have him in office while screaming he is bad so they can save face within their own party.
  6. Standard memberbunnyknight
    bunny knight
    planet Earth
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 14:33
    A wise old man once told us a dirty little secret: "The Dem's and the Rep's are just the left and right hand of the same monster."
  7. Standard memberAnderssen
    Legally stoned...
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 14:38
    Can't argue with that but we must choose the lesser of two evils.

Left bad
    Right not as bad
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 14:43
    @whodey said

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cnn-receives-backlash-after-asking-stupid- ...[text shortened]... the sky is really falling, and you are the only ones that can stop that, or it is not. Which is it?
    Whodey, you left out that they should answer a question. And if moderator says 'yes or no', answer yes or no. I know for Warren it would be impossible, as she must say the word "So' to preface answers, or "Here's the thing..."

And no crap like Biden did. He is asked if he and son did wrong. He said No. But, usually questions such as that are looking for an explanation. Right??(..as suzianne would say). He glared and said NO! I WAS NOT WRONG! Not good Joe. I know after that that none here will vote for him, or the shaky Bernie.

So, you are looking at screeching Warren, who will NOT answer questions on taxing our middle class into oblivion. She will do that, but to her it is OK, because the people of Cuba are all doing OK, they are getting fed (seven staples) 3 times a day, and don't have to work hard. They are happy. Warren is your choice. or Trump. AAARRRGGGHH.....what to do.....
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 16:16
    @whodey said

Why are you conservatives so ignorant of the very same Constitution that you used to keep talking about? I used to hear almost weekly, "What don't you get about the Constitution?" Well, now we know what the conservatives don't get about the Constitution. Nearly everything.

Impeachment is an action voted on by the House after considerable inquiry and debate. Make no mistake, Trump WILL be impeached, because his crimes have risen to the level where this is now necessary to preserve the Republic.

Removal is an action that takes place after a trial in the Senate. The Senate has a Republican majority, and a majority leader who have all (unfortunately for them) hitched their stars to Trump's wagon. They won't vote to remove him. He has exactly zero chance of being removed from office by the Senate. The majority Republicans will continue kowtowing to him, acting as a rubber stamp for all of his cockamamie ideas and schemes, and continue to block and obstruct any meaningful legislation.

Therefore (see if you can follow along, now), he will be impeached, but he will not be removed from office (except miraculously by his own hand, ala Nixon) and will continue to try to lie and gaslight his way to re-election in 2020.

Is this really the best the conservatives here can do? Overwhelm us with your ignorance about any details, so that we must continually spend our time explaining things again for the 500th time?

Maybe you could pack it up and take your dog-and-pony show on the road for a while. The rest of us are getting really, really tired of seeing it play itself out over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 16:25
    @whodey said

It reminds me of the WWF. It is all choreographed like the smack talk before the fake fighting. Everybody knows their roles to make it look like a diverse debate while they almost all agree on certain foreign policy goals. And of course don't bring up certain things about Biden and his son that Glenn Beck points out on youtube. Rules must be followed, kind of like not swearing so WWF can be aired in the daytime when kids are watching.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 16:281 edit
    @suzianne said
    Why are you conservatives so ignorant of the very same Constitution that you used to keep talking about? I used to hear almost weekly, "What don't you get about the Constitution?" Well, now we know what the conservatives don't get about the Constitution. Nearly everything.

Impeachment is an action voted on by the House after considerable inquiry and debate. Make no mi ...[text shortened]... tired of seeing it play itself out over and over and over and over and over and over and over and...
    True, just like Clinton was impeached by the House but the Senate would not give him the official boot.

At least we all agreed that Clinton perjured himself and broke the law regarding the impeachment. At least there were not Star Chamber hearings. Naturally, the Senate concluded that the President was above the law.....at least..... only a democrat President is above the law it seems.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 01:08
    @whodey said
    True, just like Clinton was impeached by the House but the Senate would not give him the official boot.

At least we all agreed that Clinton perjured himself and broke the law regarding the impeachment. At least there were not Star Chamber hearings. Naturally, the Senate concluded that the President was above the law.....at least..... only a democrat President is above the law it seems.
    No.

That Clinton was not removed from office only showed that his Oval Office dalliances did not meet the required seriousness to be removed from office.

Trump's do. But his cronies, like Moscow Mitch, will keep him around because as bad as he is, he's all the Republican Party has at this point and they're now committed. There's no turning back now for most of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree