10 Best (and Worst) Educated States -- How Voted

10 Best (and Worst) Educated States -- How Voted

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K

Moves
10 May 13

Ahhhh, yes....the democrats favorite argument.....they are smart and republicans are stupid, never mind debating the issues, just insult the opposition and make fun of them with any old garbage, do what Joe Biden does, grin a lot laugh a lot and act like a jerk.

Moves
11 May 13

Actually, nobody said that. We're just discussing some data which correlates more effective education with liberal voting patterns. Correlation is not necessarily causation, and as someone pointed out, we aren't talking about intelligence necessarily.

There are plenty of smart and dumb people on each side of any political issue, and also it's possible that a less intelligent person can have experience and wisdom that makes his political views superior to another's who is more intelligent, but perhaps a few steps removed from certain realities.

However, I do think there is a correlation between a general curiosity about the world and liberalism. I note that GW Bush, Sara Palin, and Michelle Bachman, three individuals liberals love to call stupid, are brilliant as they needed to be to get where they are/were. Their ignorance as to geography, culture, ect., I believe doesn't have anything to do with an inability to comprehend, but simply a lack of desire/curiosity to learn. And they appeal to people who have lacked that curiosity and don't like being insulted because of it. I think liberal intellectual condescension has probably given conservatives more than a few key wins.

n

The Catbird's Seat

Moves
11 May 13

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
Please distinguish the liberal and conservative versions of the quadratic formula. What are liberal vs conservative interpretations of photosynthesis or magnetic fields?
There is an ever growing minority of college students that even take hard science or mathematics courses.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 May 13
1 edit

Please distinguish the liberal and conservative versions of the quadratic formula.
Conservatives don't believe in negative roots.
They only have half the picture.

E

Moves
11 May 13

Education level isn't determined by major.
How much liberal indoctrination taking place does depend on the major. You gave an example from math where indoctrination does not take place, I was just asking how relevant your example actually is.

U

Moves
11 May 13

Originally posted by Eladar
How much liberal indoctrination taking place does depend on the major. You gave an example from math where indoctrination does not take place, I was just asking how relevant your example actually is.
Ah, yes. "Liberal indoctrination."

I might as well be debating with that crazy homeless guy who talks to himself.

E

Moves
11 May 13

Ah, yes. "Liberal indoctrination."

I might as well be debating with that crazy homeless guy who talks to himself.
Personal attacks. Wow, that's a surprise.

Moves
11 May 13

There may not be indoctrination in math, I can't really say. But there is certainly indoctrination in engineering. All problem solving in terms of engineering waste management - all about getting it to the ocean. Once it's in the ocean, it just disappears, into another universe. Nothing to worry about.

Houston, Texas

Moves
13 May 13

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
Ahhhh, yes....the democrats favorite argument.....they are smart and republicans are stupid, never mind debating the issues, just insult the opposition and make fun of them with any old garbage, do what Joe Biden does, grin a lot laugh a lot and act like a jerk.
Joe Biden is actually very smart and bright.

Also, there is an inverse correlation between social conservatism versus IQ.

T

Moves
14 May 13
2 edits

Originally posted by moon1969
Joe Biden is actually very smart and bright....
Holy crap.

T

Moves
14 May 13

"That's just Joe being Joe"

T

Moves
14 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Kunsoo
Actually, nobody said that. We're just discussing some data which correlates more effective education with liberal voting patterns. Correlation is not necessarily causation, and as someone pointed out, we aren't talking about intelligence necessarily.

There are plenty of smart and dumb people on each side of any political issue, and also it's possible th eral intellectual condescension has probably given conservatives more than a few key wins.
We already know what Obama thinks, but if you ask Bush, Palin or Bachmann how many states there are in the U.S., what do you think their answer would be?

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
14 May 13

Who gets to judge the best and worst educated people? What does best educated mean? Liberal education system that rewards people for holding liberal beliefs? Kind of circular reasoning that isn't easily understood by those brainwashed by it.
on the other hand....

jb

Moves
14 May 13

Originally posted by TheBloop
"That's just Joe being Joe"
The Joes tend to be pretty damn smart. Not Joe Biden though.

K

Germany

Moves
14 May 13

Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
How do you explain the apparent correlation between the porportion of the population that has a basic education in US states and voting patterns?