What instrument do you play?

What instrument do you play?

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
01 Mar 08

Or what instrument did you play as a child but don't any more? Or what have you dabbled with? Or ... etc.

Hmmm . . .

Moves
01 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by pawnhandler
Or what instrument did you play as a child but don't any more? Or what have you dabbled with? Or ... etc.
Dabble with bamboo flute and African drum—play nothing well (or even with minimal competence).

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
01 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by vistesd
Dabble with bamboo flute and African drum—play nothing well (or even with minimal competence).
Those sound really cool, though! Even dabbling would be fun!

I'm giving up on dabbling with the guitar. I'm giving it to my sister. She has a close friend who plays very well and is willing to teach her.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
01 Mar 08

I'm an atrocious drummer........

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
01 Mar 08

I'm a mostly lapsed pianist and slowly improving bad guitarist. I also played an organ a few times, which is rather like shagging Jehovah, and I've been known to mess about with harmonicas in a most irritating way. Finally, I used to own most of a six-string balalaika but we won't ever speak of that again.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
01 Mar 08

I also own a ukulele which annoys everyone I meet but is hugely enjoyable to play.....

M

Moves
01 Mar 08

Over the course of my childhood and adolescence, I tried piano, clarinet, saxophone and guitar.

My guitar teacher was a former nun who was extremely kind, patient and encouraging and taught me enough that I could play during mass on Sundays. I miss her.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
01 Mar 08

Originally posted by Mimor
Over the course of my childhood and adolescence, I tried piano, clarinet, saxophone and guitar.

My guitar teacher was a former nun who was extremely kind, patient and encouraging and taught me enough that I could play during mass on Sundays. I miss her.
Wow. That's cool!

N

The sky

Moves
01 Mar 08

I am a professional cellist, not very good piano player, lousy recorder (mostly descant and treble) and tin whistle player, and very lousy accordeon and guitar player (I sometimes use those instruments in music therapy because I have them available, and especially the guitar is great to use in music therapy because the children can pluck the strings themselves, but I haven't had any lessons for those instruments and don't have them at home). I also play kitchen utensils, as people may remember from the music comp (or as they can hear on facebook if they are in my friends list).

s

Moves
01 Mar 08

Now playing guitar (acoustic), mandola, and contrabass (beginning).
Played before in an orchestra clarinet and saxophone (tenor).
Also learned some piano.
I've tried many others, but now I'm 100% on the mandola. Want to reach world class level 🙂

I

Club 64

Moves
01 Mar 08

Piano-9 yrs.
Guitar-2 yrs.
Mandolin-3 yrs.
Drums-whenever I felt like it.
Violin-3 yrs, but sucked at it.
Bass-2 yrs.
Banjo-a couple of times. Brought out the country boy in me.
Organ-various times. Really fun, especially Hammond B3s.
Harpsichord-once. It sounded weird, so I haven't played it since.

I think that's it. Some instruments I'd like to have a chance to play:

Sitar
Steel Drums
Theremin
Glass Harmonica
Ocarina

s

Moves
01 Mar 08

Originally posted by Ironstar
Piano-9 yrs.
Guitar-2 yrs.
Mandolin-3 yrs.
Drums-whenever I felt like it.
Violin-3 yrs, but sucked at it.
Bass-2 yrs.
Banjo-a couple of times. Brought out the country boy in me.
Organ-various times. Really fun, especially Hammond B3s.
Harpsichord-once. It sounded weird, so I haven't played it since.

I think that's it. Some instruments I'd like to have a chance to play:

Sitar
Steel Drums
Theremin
Glass Harmonica
Ocarina
you played mandolin? cool! 🙂
what kind of music did you play? I play mandola (tuned , but sometimes I try the mandolin, too.

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
01 Mar 08

I played trumpet for a while when I was very little. Right now, I don't play anything. I wish I did. I hope to take piano lessons someday, when I have more time for that sort of thing.

u

Moves
02 Mar 08

this was in a crossword and i couldnt figure it out(its probably obvious), the cousin of a guitar-3 letters

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
02 Mar 08

Originally posted by umba
this was in a crossword and i couldnt figure it out(its probably obvious), the cousin of a guitar-3 letters
Hmm, not pipa, that's 4. Ukelele? Not unless it meant three Es. Ute? No, I think that's a Native American tribe. Let me get back to you...