The Social Network

The Social Network

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
10 Mar 11

Instant classic. Already one of my all time faves.

Question: If you saw it, who were you "rooting" for? No matter how much they portrayed Zuckerberg as a scheming insensitive jerk, I still found myself identifying with him more than anyone else, save for perhaps Eduardo.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Mar 11
2 edits

Very good film. And very nicely directed, the script could easily have been a borefest with another director.

But what are the options? I can't remember anybody else who was portrayed in a good light and the film makes him seem in the right in everything except when he accepts to screw Eduardo.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
10 Mar 11

I still don't get what's the appeal of the movie, to be honest.

And the ending was so clichéd I wanted to barf my popcorn.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by Palynka
Very good film. And very nicely directed, the script could easily have been a borefest with another director.

But what are the options? I can't remember anybody else who was portrayed in a good light and the film makes him seem in the right in everything except when he accepts to screw Eduardo.
I thought the movie was geared towards making the viewer sympathize with the Winkelvoss twins and Narendra. I thought it portrayed them in a much more favorable light than it did Zuckerberg.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
10 Mar 11

Originally posted by sh76
I thought the movie was geared towards making the viewer sympathize with the Winkelvoss twins and Narendra. I thought it portrayed them in a much more favorable light than it did Zuckerberg.
That's weird. 😕

Moves
26 Mar 11

2 thirds though it (paused for crumpets) and I love the film so far. The Harvard twins are saps and imo they needed a top end programer and completely underestimated Zuc who only partied with them to palm them off - awesome. "Ideas" are NOT intelectual property.

Moves
26 Mar 11

FFS. Just came back to the film and the HD box is playing up again so had to bin it! God I hate sky so much.

b

lazy boy derivative

Moves
28 Mar 11

Originally posted by sh76
Instant classic. Already one of my all time faves.

Question: If you saw it, who were you "rooting" for? No matter how much they portrayed Zuckerberg as a scheming insensitive jerk, I still found myself identifying with him more than anyone else, save for perhaps Eduardo.
A fair film. Not one of the top 10 of 2010 by any stretch.

I couldn't identify with any of the characters. A self indulgant bore for the most part but the editing saved the day.