1. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 12:31
    It used to be funny. Now adays it's just boring.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 14:531 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    It used to be funny. Now adays it's just boring.
    For me it wasn't funny from day one. Like REAL people with IQ's that high would act that silly....

Although I did know this dude I met at a Mensa meeting who loved to make nitroglycerin and put it in a gel pill tab with a BB inside and warm it in his hands and then throw it at a rock and laughed when the rock blew up....

And then there was me, age 15, buddy Richard Patak, a REAL genius, and his dad was a chemical tech at Jet Propulsion Labs, one day brought home a sample of a then top secret solid rocket fuel pellet, maybe an ounce or so. So we, Rich and I, HAD to play with it. The thing about this stuff was it was so volatile it had to be coated with some chemical, like a kind of varnish, to make it safe to handle. So naturally, we cut off a piece with a razor blade, looked a bit like a gray potato chip, in Rich's garage on a work bench and then, er, lit it with a match. The thing about Rich's garage was the roof was made of wood shingles and the sheeting only partially covered the inside ceiling so the bottom of the shingles were exposed to the inside of said garage. So after I lit it, it turned out to be like those seed pods that helicopter blade down to the ground, except in this case, it turned out to be very powerful and did a helicopter act straight UP into the wood shingles.
    So you can imagine two panic'd teenagers scrambling up to the ceiling to try to put out the fire starting in the shingles🙂 We did that, just in time and strangely enough, never told his parents.....
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    11 Jan '15 19:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you can imagine two panic'd teenagers scrambling up to the ceiling to try to put out the fire starting in the shingles🙂 We did that, just in time and strangely enough, never told his parents.....
    You would get a kick out of John Elder Robison's autobiography. There is a similar scenario in it.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Jan '15 10:24
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    My mother died when I was eight.

Yours?
    wow thats tough man.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 09:44
    Originally posted by Elke Mensch
    "73, is the 21ste prime number, it's mirror 37 is the 12th and it's mirror 21 is the product of multiplying, hang on to your hats, 7 and 3."

Sheldon
    And proof of God!
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 09:46
    For me it wasn't funny from day one. Like REAL people with IQ's that high would act that silly....

And the Addams family - Like REAL freaks would act that silly ...

Lighten up!
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    16 Jan '15 09:47
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    My mother died when I was eight.

Yours?
    I had to wait until I was 54.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Feb '15 02:25
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I had to wait until I was 54.
    Mine is still around and I am 73. My mom is 94 and still kicking. I had a great grandfather who lived to be 106 and a grandmother made it to 101.
  9. Santiago
    Moves
    08 Apr '15 15:09
    [b]For me it wasn't funny from day one. Like REAL people with IQ's that high would act that silly....

Although I did know this dude I met at a Mensa meeting who loved to make nitroglycerin and put it in a gel pill tab with a BB inside and warm it in his hands and then throw it at a rock and laughed when the rock blew up....

And then there was me, age 15, ...[text shortened]... so silly. Then you cite a few examples of them being just that. That makes the show ultra-realistic.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree