Qingjing jing

Qingjing jing

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
26 Feb 08
3 edits

The mods will move a thread from Culture before it has a chance to develop? What's this rule that you must make a statement or ask a question when posting something? I'd be disappointed to see threads moved to Spirituality since I find that forum tiring as hell.

It was moved back, no? How weird.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
26 Feb 08

Originally posted by Sunburnt
The mods will move a thread from Culture before it has a chance to develop? What's this rule that you must make a statement or ask a question when posting something? I'd be disappointed to see threads moved to Spirituality since I find that forum tiring as hell.

It was moved back, no?
Yes, it was moved back. It was alerted more than once to be returned here, and one mod PM'd me to ask my opinion.

I think the original decision was a kneejerk reaction to one alert, common sense prevailed it seems.

S

Moves
26 Feb 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Did you ever stop to think about the implications of us being a different SPECIES from rabbits?
You were bacon about that toucan.

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
26 Feb 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Yes, it was moved back. It was alerted more than once to be returned here, and one mod PM'd me to ask my opinion.

I think the original decision was a kneejerk reaction to one alert, common sense prevailed it seems.
A mod needs to ask your opinion about a thread you, yourself posted in Culture? That seems silly.

I would like to see more posts develop without immediate judgment, we shall see. I was about to post my thoughts on it (and how I found the Tao and what I think of it's usefulness nowadays) and kept reading.....then, poof, lost the motivation.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
27 Feb 08

A mod needs to ask your opinion about a thread you, yourself posted in Culture? That seems silly.

I would like to see more posts develop without immediate judgment, we shall see. I was about to post my thoughts on it (and how I found the Tao and what I think of it's usefulness nowadays) and kept reading.....then, poof, lost the motivation.
It was meant in the best intention, of that i have no doubt.

N

The sky

Moves
27 Feb 08

I would like to see more posts develop without immediate judgment, we shall see.
I agree. Sometimes a topic may not immediately seem to fit under the culture umbrella, but it could nevertheless prove interesting to look at it from a cultural point of view.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
27 Feb 08

To be honest, i just wanted to post the poem, because i liked it. I wanted others to read it, and considering the forum was/is empty, it would maybe encourage others to post stuff they enjoy. There seems to be a stutter at the first hurdle here, as people are not sure what culture should mean.

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
27 Feb 08
1 edit

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
To be honest, i just wanted to post the poem, because i liked it. I wanted others to read it, and considering the forum was/is empty, it would maybe encourage others to post stuff they enjoy. There seems to be a stutter at the first hurdle here, as people are not sure what culture should mean.
Yes, agreed, and an openness would be a good (mature) way to start. 🙂

Have you seen this website?

http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsall/texts/taote-v3.html

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
27 Feb 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
I agree. Sometimes a topic may not immediately seem to fit under the culture umbrella, but it could nevertheless prove interesting to look at it from a cultural point of view.
Exactly.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
27 Feb 08

Yes, agreed, and an openness would be a good (mature) way to start. 🙂

Have you seen this website?

http://acc6.its.brooklyn.cuny.edu/~phalsall/texts/taote-v3.html
I have a copy at home 🙂

S
🙏🏻