Prose comp voting

Prose comp voting

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
05 May 08
1 edit

Originally posted by SJ247
I'm impressed, I didn't take Huck for a literary nutcase. I loved it.
Thanks. I wrote it in about 10 minutes, after thinking about it for half a day. I pictured it in my head, and just went for it. I'm sure i would've been the first entry 😛

On a side note, it's funny that me and Nordlys used the same name for the female characters, i'd like to know what made her choose it 🙂

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
Thanks. I wrote it in about 10 minutes, after thinking about it for half a day. I pictured it in my head, and just went for it. I'm sure i would've been the first entry 😛

On a side note, it's funny that me and Nordlys used the same name for the female characters, i'd like to know what made her choose it 🙂
I thought yours was very good and it was a tough vote, since there were several great entries. I am freaked out by body parts 😞.

S

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I hated that story, but had to vote for it because it was written better than others. Huck, don't show me your dark side again. You made me cry.

I wrote the Pilgrim erotica "Plymouth Rock". Was that the only 'light hearted' story besides Untitled 1?

P-
I thought that was good, and even though I obviously knew you wrote it I didn't think you were up to that sort of thing. Well done

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Starrman
I thought that was good, and even though I obviously knew you wrote it I didn't think you were up to that sort of thing. Well done
Please don't patronize me, won't sully your precious writing competitions again.

P-

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
05 May 08
1 edit

Please don't patronize me, won't sully your precious writing competitions again.

P-
I thought your story sucked.

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
05 May 08

P-
Hi! 🙂

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Crowley
I thought your story sucked.
Thanks for some honest feedback!

P-

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by huckleberryhound
I had a look at my bookshelf. I almost chose Stella, but Lucy sounded better. It's all Lucy Blackman's fault.

Why did you call her Lucy?

d

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
I had a look at my bookshelf. I almost chose Stella, but Lucy sounded better. It's all Lucy Blackman's fault.

Why did you call her Lucy?
That's the name of his ex-girlfriend, obviously. 😉

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
05 May 08
1 edit

Another thing I couldn't figure out is the connection between the theme of the comp and "Sh;t Story".
I wrote that particular piece of rubbish.
(thank you to Gatecrasher for calling it a short story).

I wrote it quickly - meaning to get to the theme somehow - then the story went somewhere else and I didn't find the time to bring it back again. I poested it anyway, seemed a shame just to delete it.

Next time I'll work the theme in properly.

N

The sky

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by orangutan
I wrote that particular piece of rubbish.
(thank you to Gatecrasher for calling it a short story).

I wrote it quickly - meaning to get to the theme somehow - then the story went somewhere else and I didn't find the time to bring it back again. I poested it anyway, seemed a shame just to delete it.

Next time I'll work the theme in properly.
Nice writing, glad you poested it.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
05 May 08

Nice writing, glad you poested it.
Well, thanks for the memories.

S

Moves
05 May 08

P-
Okay, it was rubbish and I'd rather get bad sunburn and then rub myself with deep heat before reading anything your feeble mind can create again.

Is that what you were after?

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
05 May 08

Originally posted by Starrman
Okay, it was rubbish and I'd rather get bad sunburn and then rub myself with deep heat before reading anything your feeble mind can create again.

Is that what you were after?
That's a brutal poest...

h

Moves
05 May 08

I wrote "Diary". I was trying to channel Ken Kesey and write a day in the life of a random character from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I sort of tapered off toward the end and then didn't know how to conclude the entry. Thanks for all the votes

Congratulations Huckleberry Hound and congratulations Mimor (JUST TWO MORE POINTS!)

Starrman, your entry was great and would have made it into my top three but you misspelled misnomer and I just couldn't get over it.

Phlab, Plymouth Rock showed potential I never knew you had. I would've given you more points if you stuck to the word limit.

Let's have another prose competition later this year!