Paderewski, Nocturne, B flat, op 16 #4: 2 versions:

Paderewski, Nocturne, B flat, op 16 #4: 2 versions:

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Sep 13
3 edits

First one by Liberace: I have to correct myself, the Minuet in G by Paderewski actually. Sorry about that🙂

And by the master himself:

A lot more charming by the master's hand, eh! Slower and with rubato.

s

Moves
23 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
First one by Liberace: I have to correct myself, the Minuet in G by Paderewski actually. Sorry about that🙂

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tUrMuqS2uQ

And by the master himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9IBBd-9aRM

A lot more charming by the master's hand, eh! Slower and with rubato.
For the longest time he was considered the best on earth until Rubinstein & Rachmaninoff exploded onto the scene. I love his poetry and incredible depth. His minuet was one of my first loves in piano music.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Sep 13

Originally posted by scacchipazzo
For the longest time he was considered the best on earth until Rubinstein & Rachmaninoff exploded onto the scene. I love his poetry and incredible depth. His minuet was one of my first loves in piano music.
AND he was made Prime Minister of Poland to top it off! How many musicians ever got that high in ANY government?

s

Moves
24 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
AND he was made Prime Minister of Poland to top it off! How many musicians ever got that high in ANY government?
He's the only one I know of who was both a musician and an able politician. He was an able ruler and governed with distinction and compassion.

s

Moves
25 Sep 13

Here's a wonderfully witty Paderewski quote:

When introduced to an athlete he was confused with."You are both leaders in your spheres, though the spheres are very different." "Not so very different," Paderewski replied. "You are a dear soul who plays polo, and I am a poor Pole who plays solo."