1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 May '10 04:12
    Interesting stuff. They are somewhere in the 12th century, the french king is talking to his spy or some such, they are speaking french, the king says 'speak ENGLISH'! Wow.

Also later in the film, Marian and Robby are dancing, the music track is O'Carolyn's 'Women of Ireland'.

Just dripping with authenticity for sure dude.
  2. Joined
    21 May '10
    Moves
    22 May '10 04:16
    I'm sure it was better than Iron man II
    2 hours of an obnoxious "Tony Stark" is annoying.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 May '10 04:26
    It wasn't a *bad* movie, but it sure as hell was no Gladiator. Anyone else see this flick, see any other gaffs in it? Well for one thing, one dude was playing a mandolin, 8 strings, and they sure looked like steel strings to me.....
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 May '10 00:17
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Interesting stuff. They are somewhere in the 12th century, the french king is talking to his spy or some such, they are speaking french, the king says 'speak ENGLISH'! Wow.

Also later in the film, Marian and Robby are dancing, the music track is O'Carolyn's 'Women of Ireland'.

Subtitles aren't cheap, ya know?
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '10 21:09
    I guess I can assume you know the irony in my first statement?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 May '10 22:48
    Originally posted by Anderssen Attack
    I'm sure it was better than Iron man II
    2 hours of an obnoxious "Tony Stark" is annoying.
    After IM 1 you didn't actually watch 2 did you!
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 May '10 22:53

I don't believe there has ever been a good film produced about the Robin Hood genre (apart from perhaps Men In Tights); it's too ridiculous a concept in the first place.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '10 00:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't believe there has ever been a good film produced about the Robin Hood genre (apart from perhaps Men In Tights); it's too ridiculous a concept in the first place.
    "Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding through the glen, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, with his merry men,
    Feared by the bad, loved by the good, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood.

You mean like that one?🙂
  9. Standard memberRaven69
    Different
    Moves
    24 May '10 05:05
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I like the cartoon version. Good stuff.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 May '10 06:17
    "Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding through the glen, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, with his merry men,
    Feared by the bad, loved by the good, Robin Hood, Robin Hood, Robin Hood.

You mean like that one?🙂
    Forrest robbers? Pah! Bum-bandits, the lot of them.

All that spandex, jolly back slapping and mud-wrestling, it's disssssssssgustin.
  11. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 May '10 07:45

Yeah, imagine. The English aristocracy has been speaking French since the Norman invasion. The seal of the king or queen is in French. French was the learned language of the time, the language of the elite and of diplomacy. The is no friggin way an English king would demand that Anglo-Saxon be spoken.

This is what happens when morons make movies. I refuse to see it.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '10 12:441 edit
    Originally posted by Badwater
    Yeah, imagine. The English aristocracy has been speaking French since the Norman invasion. The seal of the king or queen is in French. French was the learned language of the time, the language of the elite and of diplomacy. The is no friggin way an English king would demand that Anglo-Saxon be spoken.

This is what happens when morons make movies. I refuse to see it.
    It wasn't the English king demanding to speak English, it was the french king! Like that would ever happen🙂
    Besides, there were several dialects of old English spoken, none of which sounds anything like modern English.

Here is a bit about old English and a sample from Beowulf:
    http://www.omniglot.com/writing/oldenglish.htm
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '07
    Moves
    24 May '10 16:03

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. Joined
    07 Jan '08
    Moves
    24 May '10 18:02
    It wasn't the English king demanding to speak English, it was the french king! Like that would ever happen🙂
    Besides, there were several dialects of old English spoken, none of which sounds anything like modern English.

Here is a bit about old English and a sample from Beowulf:
    http://www.omniglot.com/writing/oldenglish.htm
    LOL! All the better to never see the movie!

Actually, Robin Hood has lost steam ever since Errol Flynn. That's probably the definitive Robin Hood movie.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '10 18:03
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    So I assume you watched it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree