Jacko nominated for Nobel Piece Prize

Jacko nominated for Nobel Piece Prize

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Aug 09

finally some recognition to this great man.

where i do sign?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by generalissimo
you can defend his music all you want but still, he hasn't done anything for world peace, nothing that would deserve a nobel peace prize.
All music contributes towards peace.
(but I'm not disagreeing with you)

F

Moves
07 Aug 09

You can't start handing out Peace Prizes like the Queen hands out knighthoods! This is nauseating.

And as to Kissenger and Arafat, you can disagree with those decisions all you want, but the prizes were for negotiations that had the goal of increasing world peace. Maybe you think they were insincere or ineffective but they were making efforts that were at least relevant.

I don't think Thriller did a whole lot for international diplomacy.

Heck, George W. Bush made more efforts at world peace than Michael Jackson. (And I don't mean that I was a big fan of W.)

It would be like giving Elton John the Nobel Prize in Medicine for Medicine Man. Please think about the precedent.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
07 Aug 09

Elton John should receive the Nobel for 'Tiny Dancer'

g

Pepperland

Moves
07 Aug 09

Originally posted by karoly aczel
(but I'm not disagreeing with you)
not really.

you can't just give any loser with a microphone a nobel peace prize.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Aug 09

not really.

you can't just give any loser with a microphone a nobel peace prize.
Are you saying that not all music contributes to peace?directly or otherwise? No you cant just give any loser with a mike the nobel prize but they have. Perhaps this highlights the 'spiritual bankruptcy' of our modern world.

g

Pepperland

Moves
08 Aug 09

Are you saying that not all music contributes to peace?directly or otherwise? No you cant just give any loser with a mike the nobel prize but they have. Perhaps this highlights the 'spiritual bankruptcy' of our modern world.
do you think "beat it" contributes to world peace just as much as "give peace a chance"?

but they have

because they're stupid.

Perhaps this highlights the 'spiritual bankruptcy' of our modern world.

maybe.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Aug 09

do you think "beat it" contributes to world peace just as much as "give peace a chance"?

[b]but they have

because they're stupid.

Perhaps this highlights the 'spiritual bankruptcy' of our modern world.

maybe.[/b]
'Do you think "beat it" contributes to world peace just as much as "give peace a chance"?'

Who knows. Possibly. Its the music , not the lyrics.
Even if it does contribute less, that is not the point . It contributes. Thats all that matters.

As to the rest of your post I cant disagree.

g

Pepperland

Moves
08 Aug 09

'Do you think "beat it" contributes to world peace just as much as "give peace a chance"?'

Even if it does contribute less, that is not the point . It contributes. Thats all that matters.

As to the rest of your post I cant disagree.
Even if it does contribute less, that is not the point . It contributes. Thats all that matters

you're kidding right?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Aug 09

[b]Who knows. Possibly. Its the music , not the lyrics.
Even if it does contribute less, that is not the point . It contributes. Thats all that matters

you're kidding right?[/b]
What about? the fact that music contributes to peace , or becauase I'm contending that MJ's music contributes as much as the beatles' or that it matters?(or something else?)

g

Pepperland

Moves
08 Aug 09

What about? the fact that music contributes to peace , or becauase I'm contending that MJ's music contributes as much as the beatles' or that it matters?(or something else?)
that is not relevant.

the point is that making a record is not enough to earn you a nobel peace prize.

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
08 Aug 09

giving MJ a Nobel peace Prize would be like giving Jethro Tull an award for best heavy metal album - it just couldn't happen.

F

Moves
08 Aug 09

I could have insulted several people today, I chose not to do so, contributing to world peace. Can I have a Nobel now?

DS

Moves
09 Aug 09
1 edit

you can defend his music all you want but still, he hasn't done anything for world peace, nothing that would deserve a nobel peace prize.
His music was as bad as his Nobel Peace Prize credentials. Absolutely worthless.

It's at times like this we need a vomit smiley.

N

The sky

Moves
09 Aug 09

I don't think soldiers are asked to sing marching songs because it makes them more peaceful.