If you could

If you could

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
02 Mar 08

If you could write a book (you were suddenly given the time, talent, and all other factors neatly aligned themselves), what would it be about?

My fiction choice would be to write an epic fantasy, one that's original and awesome. My non-fiction choice right this second would be to write a book about old sailing ships. They have always fascinated me. I would have loved being a sea captain...

eo

the highway to hell

Moves
02 Mar 08

Originally posted by pawnhandler
If you could write a book (you were suddenly given the time, talent, and all other factors neatly aligned themselves), what would it be about?

My fiction choice would be to write an epic fantasy, one that's original and awesome. My non-fiction choice right this second would be to write a book about old sailing ships. They have always fascinated me. I would have loved being a sea captain...
take it to the fantasy forum spanky 😛

p

tinyurl.com/ywohm

Moves
02 Mar 08

Originally posted by eamon o
take it to the fantasy forum spanky 😛
I tried, but it's already full of clan goading threads. 😉

S
🙏🏻

Some other realm

Moves
04 Mar 08

That sounds good.

I think I would write about real love. I have yet to read a book about real love that is a modern book. I read books by authors and it seems like it's going to be the genuine article, but it just turns out to be crap. That's why I stay away from the bestsellers for the most part. I like books recommended by others. Don't know that I could do any better, but if I had the time and courage, I might give it a shot.

s

Moves
04 Mar 08

kamasutra

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Mar 08

I would re-write Waiting For Godot, except I would write it in the style of P. G. Wodehouse.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
04 Mar 08

I'm actually trying to write one in my spare time at the minute.... Trying to write an accessible book about some of the more interesting aspects of geology.... Many people don't know even what geology is, it'd be nice to write the good bits down, but keep the technical aspects of it down.....Bill Bryson did it a bit with "A brief history of nearly everything". It focused too much on the history of the science rather than the science itself.....

If I get carried away I might even try my hands at historical/fantasy fiction, I think it'd be fun to put together a big epic plot.......

C
Don't Fear Me

Reaping

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by rwingett
I would re-write Waiting For Godot, except I would write it in the style of P. G. Wodehouse.
Could you just go ahead and do that, please? That is the best paraphrase of "I could have been a contender" I've ever seen.

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
04 Mar 08

LOL I'd read that.

M

Moves
04 Mar 08

I'd write a very twisted crime/mystery told from the pov of the criminal except that you wouldn't know that the narrator is the criminal until the end or close to it.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by Mimor
I'd write a very twisted crime/mystery told from the pov of the criminal except that you wouldn't know that the narrator is the criminal until the end or close to it.
Thanks for giving the ending away. No point in reading that one now.

M

Moves
04 Mar 08

Thanks for giving the ending away. No point in reading that one now.
You know, I was going to put a "*******spoiler alert!!******" but decided against it. Sorry.

d

Moves
04 Mar 08

I've always been drawn to tales of alternate history (The Plot Against America by Roth, The Man in the High Castle by Dick, Marvel's What If and Age of Apocalypse comic series) so I would have to go with that.

M
Quis custodiet

ipsos custodes?

Moves
04 Mar 08

Originally posted by darvlay
I've always been drawn to tales of alternate history (The Plot Against America by Roth, The Man in the High Castle by Dick, Marvel's What If and Age of Apocalypse comic series) so I would have to go with that.
There's a cool one about communist superman....

Its called "Superman; Red Son Rising".... Its pretty a cool "what if superman landed in the soviet Ukraine during the cold war" Very entertaining.

N

The sky

Moves
05 Mar 08

Originally posted by Mimor
Reminds me of a mystery story I once read where the detective finds out in the end that he had shot the victim himself, being hypnotised by the real culprit. It wasn't all that convincing, but at least a somewhat interesting idea.