For Scacchipazzo: How were you at the age of 4?:

For Scacchipazzo: How were you at the age of 4?:

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
10 Mar 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
I guess that video is an example of the new flamenco, eh. Who is your favorite traditional flamenco player? I tend towards Manitas De Plata or Sabicas, totally different ends of the spectrum, eh.

Not sure if I showed you this duo, Rodrigo Y Gabriela, husband and wife duo. She uses a lot of percussion techniques derived from her study of the Bodhran, the ...[text shortened]... NR=1

This is from the Dave Letterman show. They had the audience eating out of their hands!🙂
I think is has to be Paco De Lucia, well undoubtedly. A true Spanish flamenco player who developed his own style, nouvo flamenco, and came from a family of players. He was touring by aged 13! He couldn't read music proficiently until 1991 either, so he is a true player from the ears and heart, and widely recognised as the greatest alive. I can't disagree with that, as he outplays his rivals without the need to ever pick up a plectrum - his style is more fluent and faster, when needs be... 😉

-m.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Mar 13
8 edits

Originally posted by mikelom
I think is has to be Paco De Lucia, well undoubtedly. A true Spanish flamenco player who developed his own style, nouvo flamenco, and came from a family of players. He was touring by aged 13! He couldn't read music proficiently until 1991 either, so he is a true player from the ears and heart, and widely recognised as the greatest alive. I can't disagree wit ...[text shortened]... d to ever pick up a plectrum - his style is more fluent and faster, when needs be... 😉

-m.
Well, I agree with that! Here is a youtube of him from 1976:

A Bulerias.

Just for comparison, here is Sabicas:

Very traditional

And more Paco:

La Barrosa

And the younger generation:

I think this kid is 11. Julio Silpitucla
You have to listen to spanish talking heads at first.

And another one from the same kid, incredible!

And this guy, Juanjo Dominguez, a tango virtuoso:

And one more from Juanjo:

Seems pretty frigging virtuosic to me!

Ever hear of Vicente Gomez? composer and player from the 1950's: His own Alegrias