Favorite Inspiring Song

Favorite Inspiring Song

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
12 Apr 12

'Hallelujah' (L. Cohen)

I

Moves
13 Apr 12

Originally posted by Ringwraith
If inspiring is the right word. A song that makes you feel good whatever the time of day.

My favorites in this category would be:
Imagine - John Lennon
Smile - Nat King Cole
What a Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

In no particular order those three...also, there's some good versions of Smile out there, but in my opinion none that come close in 'epicness' to the Nat King Cole version.
Queen- We are the champions
John Lennon- Imagine

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
13 Apr 12
1 edit

&feature=related

Max Bruch Violin Concerto #1.

Incredibly moving.

I have an original recording of Jascha Heifetz playing this after his wife had died. He didn't cancel the concert, and his tears made the violin cry!

:'(

-mel.

Edit: The violin she plays in the above concert is the exact Strad "Dolphin" violin that Heifetz cried upon in the same piece!!

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
13 Apr 12

Originally posted by mikelom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n90Xkpp62jk&feature=related

Incredibly moving.

I have an original recording of Jascha Heifetz playing this after his wife had died. He didn't cancel the concert, and his tears made the violin cry!

:'(

-mel.

Edit: The violin she plays in the above concert is the exact Strad "Dolphin" violin that Heifetz cried upon in the same piece!!
Thumbs up mikelom!

Moves
14 Apr 12

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
'Hallelujah' (L. Cohen)
Oh, yes! But again, only Leonard Cohen's own version. Nobody else, to me, manages to capture what Leonard put into it when he wrote it, and still does, when he sings it.

But for blather's sake, Not. Jeff. Bleeding. Buckley. Or. Rufus. Farking. Wainwright.
And under no circumstances, but absolutely on no excuse whatsoever, Alexandra Burke. Please. Have some respect.

Richard

Moves
14 Apr 12

Originally posted by mikelom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n90Xkpp62jk&feature=related

Incredibly moving.
Very.

I have this habit, that whenever I visit a city, I buy a CD by a local composer and a book by a local writer. So I went to Köln a few years ago. Couldn't find a CD by anyone. I don't remember what I ended up buying, but it wasn't a success.

Imagine my dismay when, a few weeks after my return, I found out that Max Bruch was from Köln... and I didn't know this at the time!

Richard

Moves
15 Apr 12

Besides Holy Trinity - consisting of Burt Bacharach, Hot Chocolate & Barry White - I can now name a newer song, If I Can´t Change Your Mind by Sugar.

S

Utrecht

Moves
15 Apr 12

Not the best lyrics ever, but to get the energy going............
The Brian Setzer Big Band - Rumble in Brighton