Differences Between American and British Humour

Differences Between American and British Humour

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
18 Oct 12

Originally posted by CLL53
ahhhhh, Red Dwarf... Loved that show, shown on PBS here many years back. It was hilariously funny, and amazing how it really didn't require much of a budget and that itself played into the funny nature of the show. Case in point; the guy that was a hologram, you knew he was a hologram because he had a big "H" on his forehead. And the creature that evolved from a cat...
As soon as the Producers gave them a
bigger budget (VII onwards) it went down-hill.

Best episode?
The Top Gun parody with Rimmer as the hero.

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes i love Malcolm in the middle, The big bang theory has its moments also, personal favourite, everybody hates Chris and married with children.
the problem i have with married with children and even more so with the royle family is its too close to the bone, its more like watching a documentary of my family!! i imagine its the same for you watching rab c nesbitt!!

Moves
20 Oct 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
As soon as the Producers gave them a
bigger budget (VII onwards) it went down-hill.

Best episode?
The Top Gun parody with Rimmer as the hero.

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
i though it was a bad idea when they left red dwarf on the bug. but the prison series was the nail in the coffin.

does anybody know how they explained getting back to the red dwarf?

rc

Moves
21 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
the problem i have with married with children and even more so with the royle family is its too close to the bone, its more like watching a documentary of my family!! i imagine its the same for you watching rab c nesbitt!!
ummm not really, chewin the fat is probably much more like reality for a lot of Glaswegians. The big man as student counsellor is a classic.

or a real Glaswegian,

&feature=related

N

Moves
10 Nov 12

For British TV humour, it's hard to beat The Thick of It, HIGNFY, Mock the Week when Milton Jones is on, and QI.
For American, I still love Cheers and Frasier more than any others. As for more recent stuff, I did catch the pilot of 30 Rock recently which really made me guffaw, and the humour in House is great.
On new forms of humour, the best Twitter humour (in my opinion) comes from @qikipedia (the QI elves) and Steve Martin, respectively.