But - isn't chess an art?

But - isn't chess an art?

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
10 Apr 09

Well?

rc

Moves
10 Apr 09
2 edits

Originally posted by MrMartin
Well?
ok Mr Martin, since you don't seem to know anything about religion, tell us, what is art? how does it differ from say a craft? or a skill? in fact, i just read your profile, i thought you did not listen to the opinions of others, are you mixed up? have changed or do not really know yourself?

M

Moves
11 Apr 09

Art implies a personal, unanalyzable creative power.

Skill stresses technical knowledge and proficiency.

Craft may imply expertness in workmanship.

Thank you for reading my profile. In response to your comment about not listening to others. I am mixed up or maybe changing I really don't know myself.

rc

Moves
11 Apr 09

Art implies a personal, unanalyzable creative power.

Skill stresses technical knowledge and proficiency.

Craft may imply expertness in workmanship.

Thank you for reading my profile. In response to your comment about not listening to others. I am mixed up or maybe changing I really don't know myself.
ok, very good, let us continue, is there skill in art, technique in art, and expertise in the emplyment of an art?

M

Moves
11 Apr 09

yes

rc

Moves
11 Apr 09

yes
therfore art is a skill and a technique? that being the case, here is a question for you, is art free of error or not?

M

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
therfore art is a skill and a technique? that being the case, here is a question for you, is art free of error or not?
yes

rc

Moves
11 Apr 09

yes
yes its a skill, or yes its a technique or yes its free of error, for if the latter is the case, then , by definition, chess is not an art form.

M

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
yes its a skill, or yes its a technique or yes its free of error, for if the latter is the case, then , by definition, chess is not an art form.
yes

rc

Moves
11 Apr 09

yes
cya, yes!

N

The sky

Moves
11 Apr 09

Great discussion!

N

The sky

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by Nordlys
Great discussion!
yes

M

Moves
11 Apr 09

Originally posted by Nordlys
yes
yes

s

At the Revolution

Moves
11 Apr 09

Well?
Of course it is! To know how to play chess is to know how to play life! Same goes for art. Statistically, pianists are better at multitasking than people who play no instrument or a single-staved instrument (the same goes for other multi-staved instrument players, and, I'm sure, conductors). Chess players are better at things like strategy and planning. All the same.

S
The Mullverine

Little Beirut

Moves
11 Apr 09

spreading butter on toast is art