best guitarists ever

best guitarists ever

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSJ

Lawrence, Ks

Moves
13 Apr 10

Also, honorable mention goes to new-comer Orianthi. I'd keep an eye out for her. She's still in her mid-teens and already knocking on Santanna and Slashes' doors.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Apr 10
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
Well, sticking to my emotional/personal criterion, I'd probably cite Bert Jansch, John Martyn, Richard Thompson, Al DiMeola, Ralph Towner and also Jerry Garcia too - like on those great records with Dave Grisman - I'm a sucker for Garcia's exquisite inaccuracies.
Good choices. My all time fav Thompson: Vincent Black lightning 1952, have several versions, even though it is electric it still comes across like a James Dean movie, maybe BECAUSE it is electric.

Me, 1963, Denver Folklore Center, Harry Tufts played for me Bert Jansch's "Lucky Thirteen" and Angi, I was and still am blown away by that rendition, took me years to get it even half-asss close. That whole album was a watershed for me. It's interesting, I saw him play it on a live show from a couple of years ago and he truncated it like the original from Davy Graham.
I have a friend in Tel Aviv, Shay Tochner, a Unix expert and acoustic guitar extraordinaire, claims Davy stole it from a buddy of his (Angi).

IC

Moves
13 Apr 10

Yngwie Malmsteen

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
13 Apr 10

Phil Keaggy.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Apr 10

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Phil Keaggy.
Here is a classic Keaggy piece from You Tube.

&feature=related