Anyone see the Beatles 50th year show last night?

Anyone see the Beatles 50th year show last night?

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Feb 14

On CBS, USA. Lot of musical names played last night. Paul and Ringo sang solo and together also.

d

Moves
10 Feb 14

Meh.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Feb 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
On CBS, USA. Lot of musical names played last night. Paul and Ringo sang solo and together also.
Never liked Paul's sickly sweet voice and Ringo's vocal range
does disservice to the word "range". He was a half decent
drummer though ... despite Lennon's famous put down!

Good to see they are still mates after 50 years!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Feb 14
1 edit

Originally posted by darvlay
Meh.
I was never that much of a fan but they did change the course of music in the US at least. It went from Beach Boys to Beatles in one year. Did you like any of their songs? They must have had SOMETHING, Paul is worth nearly a billion these days. I think Ringo was more active musically after the Beatles than before, he started his own music production company.

d

Moves
11 Feb 14

I was never that much of a fan but they did change the course of music in the US at least. It went from Beach Boys to Beatles in one year. Did you like any of their songs? They must have had SOMETHING, Paul is worth nearly a billion these days. I think Ringo was more active musically after the Beatles than before, he started his own music production company.
I like a lot of the Beatles songs (John's and George's a lot more than Paul's) but I wasn't too impressed with the list of musicians I saw on the tribute. Did you like any of them?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Feb 14

I like a lot of the Beatles songs (John's and George's a lot more than Paul's) but I wasn't too impressed with the list of musicians I saw on the tribute. Did you like any of them?
Not especially. Alicia Keys was playing duo with some dude who I never got the name of but he way outshined her voice wise, she sounded weak compared to that guy. It was interesting that Ringo's choice of songs was old school, the first one was like some blues thing from the 50's. He seemed the more engaging personality onstage that night. I think he made more money after the Beatles than with them.

Did you happen to see the tribute concert, 2 hours, to Joni Mitchell a few years ago? THAT was a real star studded scene, like Richard Thomson, much higher on the musical totem pole than any of those people on the Beatles tribute IMHO.

d

Moves
18 Feb 14

Did you happen to see the tribute concert, 2 hours, to Joni Mitchell a few years ago? THAT was a real star studded scene, like Richard Thomson, much higher on the musical totem pole than any of those people on the Beatles tribute IMHO.
Oh I sure did! I'll never forget it. After a hard night of looming and rug-hooking, I poured myself a glass of my favourite chardonnay, grabbed a bowl of my favourite vegetarian snacks (hay biscuits), cozied up in my snuggie and let Joni's smooth, smooth sounds beat me into a bruxist coma.

And Richard Thomson! What a star! Royalty, even. Not a night goes by when I don't put his 45 on the hifi and tap along in my unknowingly syncopated way. He is by far the greatest lutist from the Faroe Islands. He must sleep with thousands of women a day.

Moves
19 Feb 14

Oh I sure did! I'll never forget it. After a hard night of looming and rug-hooking, I poured myself a glass of my favourite chardonnay, grabbed a bowl of my favourite vegetarian snacks (hay biscuits), cozied up in my snuggie and let Joni's smooth, smooth sounds beat me into a bruxist coma.

And Richard Thomson! What a star! Royalty, even. Not a nigh ...[text shortened]... by far the greatest lutist from the Faroe Islands. He must sleep with thousands of women a day.
You're always good for sardonic irony, well crafted.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
16 Mar 14

And Richard Thomson! What a star! Royalty, even. Not a nigh ...[text shortened]... by far the greatest lutist from the Faroe Islands. He must sleep with thousands of women a day.
Do you even know who Richard Thompson is?

Ever hear 'Dimming of the day', here sung by Bonnie Raitt and Richard Thompson.

d

Moves
20 Mar 14

Do you even know who Richard Thompson is?

Ever hear 'Dimming of the day', here sung by Bonnie Raitt and Richard Thompson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o8M74ufF4Q
Just wow. That song was so good I may have to jerk off to it on my drive home today.

d

Moves
20 Mar 14

And of course I know who Richard Thompson is. He was the principal songwriter for this enduring masterpiece:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXqxx-6o1M

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Mar 14

And of course I know who Richard Thompson is. He was the principal songwriter for this enduring masterpiece:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NXqxx-6o1M
It looks like Jimmy Hart is a better singer than you ever will be🙂

w

Moves
11 Apr 14

Just wow. That song was so good I may have to jerk off to it on my drive home today.
Don't do it man, it's more dangerous than texting!! 😲

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
18 Apr 14

Originally posted by whodey
Don't do it man, it's more dangerous than texting!! 😲
Don't worry, it's a golf cart....