1. Here
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 09:36
    @mghrn55 said
    You could switch the sort to alphabetical order.
    What kind of champion would you declare in that case ?

The default sort is set to Net Points which is the best indicator of a clan's performance.
    It used to be Gross Points but that was before I joined the site.
    But that just became a contest of which clan can set the most challenges.

In the case of Breaking Bad clan, ...[text shortened]... ber of challenges to be competitive.

Net Points, while not perfect, achieves this to some degree.
    See below
  2. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 10:08
    @mghrn55

The point I was making was that its easy to see who finished top of the net table and who finished top of the gross .... just switch the sort order

I can't comment yet on whether the points deduction process is 'fair'. I'll tell you at the end of the year 🙂

Of course neither of these measures shows which is the strongest player-for-player clan .... I guess thats what the leagues used to be for.. do they not run anymore?
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 14:24
    @maxtheminnow said
    @mghrn55

The point I was making was that its easy to see who finished top of the net table and who finished top of the gross .... just switch the sort order

I can't comment yet on whether the points deduction process is 'fair'. I'll tell you at the end of the year 🙂

Of course neither of these measures shows which is the strongest player-for-player clan .... I guess thats what the leagues used to be for.. do they not run anymore?
    That's pretty much the debate going on in this forum.
    I try not to get involved anymore.
    I just stepped in this week to give you a brief summary of the issue.
    And to give you my thoughts on it. I will hold my peace now. 🙂
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 19:49
    @maxtheminnow said
    @mghrn55

I don't mind getting involved why do you have to wait until the end of the year to answer a simple question?

-VR
  5. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 19:55
    for the clan system to work ideally it needs all clans to have the same number of members and each clan has to play each other a certain number of times, each clan would also need members covering all levels. gross points can't work as it favours clans that can load their players with 100s of games at a time, net points seems logical. And happy new year to all the clan players, and congratulations Metallica on another great year, and to Drunken Pawns for putting up a great challenge to Metallica
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    08 Jan '21 20:24
    @wycombe-al said
    for the clan system to work ideally it needs all clans to have the same number of members and each clan has to play each other a certain number of times, each clan would also need members covering all levels. gross points can't work as it favours clans that can load their players with 100s of games at a time, net points seems logical. And happy new year to all the clan pla ...[text shortened]... Metallica on another great year, and to Drunken Pawns for putting up a great challenge to Metallica
    Thank you, I believe in my humble opinion that the top 4 Clans did very well.

I too believe a Clan should have to carry a certain about of members, what number is would be for the majority of clan players to decide and see if they could get a VOTE on it.

All the Best in the New Year Al to you, your clan and family. Stay safe!

-VR
  7. Here
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 07:34
    @wycombe-al said
    for the clan system to work ideally it needs all clans to have the same number of members and each clan has to play each other a certain number of times, each clan would also need members covering all levels. gross points can't work as it favours clans that can load their players with 100s of games at a time, net points seems logical. And happy new year to all the clan pla ...[text shortened]... Metallica on another great year, and to Drunken Pawns for putting up a great challenge to Metallica
    This is rubbish
    There must be a way to make it even for all clans
    The one we have at the moment doesn't do that
    The reason the clan system is going down the drain is because of the present system
    Where are all the clever people on this site to sort this out and make it more interesting ?
  8. Here
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 07:35
    @very-rusty said
    Thank you, I believe in my humble opinion that the top 4 Clans did very well.

I too believe a Clan should have to carry a certain about of members, what number is would be for the majority of clan players to decide and see if they could get a VOTE on it.

All the Best in the New Year Al to you, your clan and family. Stay safe!

-VR
    You would
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 12:533 edits
    The Glorious Fifties vs The Misfits Pending challenge. I believe it may have been them that challenged their leader has to give his head a shake and wake up.

rookguy
    vs

Ghost of a Duke
    Lets hope the Clan leader doesn't accept this Pending Challenge with goad.

Big rating difference there for sure!

Time to show everyone the integrity!

I believe there was a 200 point rule that was added after Clan Challenge fiasco so, it wouldn't be allowed to happen anyway.

-VR
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 15:51
    @very-rusty said
    The Glorious Fifties vs The Misfits Pending challenge. I believe it may have been them that challenged their leader has to give his head a shake and wake up.

rookguy
    vs

Ghost of a Duke

I believe th ...[text shortened]... rule that was added after Clan Challenge fiasco so, it wouldn't be allowed to happen anyway.

-VR
    How very embarrassing for you.

That challenge was issued/received on the 13 Mar '20 and has just sat there ever since. (During which time rookguy's rating has indeed gone off a cliff).

Again, I feel your embarrassment.
  11. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 16:18
    @very-rusty said

rookguy
    vs

Ghost of a Duke

I believe th ...[text shortened]... rule that was added after Clan Challenge fiasco so, it wouldn't be allowed to happen anyway.

-VR
    The system edits won't allow the challenge to proceed.
    Rookguy hasn't moved for 9 months. My first thoughts are that he is OK, not afflicted with COVID, and perhaps has just left the site.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 16:261 edit
    @mghrn55 said
    Rookguy hasn't moved for 9 months. My first thoughts are that he is OK, not afflicted with COVID, and perhaps has just left the site.
    The challenge relates back to March and should be removed. The pairings no longer make sense.

(I appreciate this is obvious to everybody except Rusty).
  13. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 17:35
    @mghrn55 said
    Thanks, mghrn55

It should have been removed and not stayed there all that time!

goad doesn't know I can't be embarrassed, note how he likes to point out my mistake and how quickly he does it, as if he is stalking my posts! 🙂 Anyways I am use to that! He cries, and I laugh!

-VR
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 18:04
    @very-rusty said
    Thanks, mghrn55

It should have been removed and not stayed there all that time!

goad doesn't know I can't be embarrassed, note how he likes to point out my mistake and how quickly he does it, as if he is stalking my posts! 🙂 Anyways I am use to that! He cries, and I laugh!

-VR
    You are pretty much the last poster in every thread in this forum and the General forum. It is not stalking you that is the problem but avoiding you.

Don't you have another vacation due?
  15. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    09 Jan '21 18:15
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

What happened to having me on your GBaway Script? That was a bunch of B.S., same as not stalking me is right now. I am only on here at certain times, but different times on different days.

You always seem to answer my post not long after I've posted so you are following me around as far as I am concerned.

We already know having me on the GBaway script was B.S., so you are just not to be believed anymore.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree