Reset

Reset

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Aug 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Let's look at this logically. (I know, it's a big ask).

Being a subscriber, you are a financial 'positive' to RHP of 40 dollars a year. Now, let's estimate (conservatively) that 3 non-subscribers in that same time period wander into the Clan's forum to see what they are all about, and that these 3 non-subscribers are deterred from becoming subscr ...[text shortened]... greater value to RHP. Add my superior wit and intelligence and it really is a no brainer.

😵
goad,

Your last sentence certainly wasn't well thought out.

Now for the rest of it. My understanding is your suggesting that being a non-sub-scum is better than being a paying sub? What value do you think you give to new subs? Are you suggesting it would be better if we were all non-sub-scum?....Help me to understand what you are trying to spit out here!!! 😛 😉

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Aug 17

🙁

I was indeed pushing my luck.
goad,

You always do, no surprise there! 😉

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Aug 17

Originally posted by @very-rusty
goad,

Your last sentence certainly wasn't well thought out.

Now for the rest of it. My understanding is your suggesting that being a non-sub-scum is better than being a paying sub? What value do you think you give to new subs? Are you suggesting it would be better if we were all non-sub-scum?....Help me to understand what you are trying to spit out here!!! 😛 😉

-VR
You take everything so seriously sir that I suspect, when told a 'knock knock' joke, you get up to answer the door.

😞

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Aug 17
1 edit

You take everything so seriously sir that I suspect, when told a 'knock knock' joke, you get up to answer the door.

😞
goad,

That has to be one of the most lame come backs I've heard in a long time!

At least answer the questions if you can!

😴
-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Aug 17

goad,

That has to be one of the most lame come backs I've heard in a long time!

😴
-VR
Only trumped by that one.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Aug 17

Only trumped by that one.
At least answer the questions if you can! I already know you can't!!! 😛

😴
-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Aug 17

At least answer the questions if you can! I already know you can't!!! 😛

😴
-VR
Subscribers are obviously the life blood of the site. However it's bizarrely shortsighted not to recognise the value of non-subscribers who not only bring increased activity, but also are the potential subscribers of the future.

What other questions would you like answered?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Aug 17

Subscribers are obviously the life blood of the site.
goad,

This answers the question, glad to see you recognize that FACT!!!! I was beginning to wonder if you were suggesting we all become non-sub-scum!!

You didn't answer me on how you benefit the site for new comers always complaining about something?

What is your excuse for not getting a sub? I and probably others would love to hear the reason.

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
09 Aug 17

goad,

This answers the question, glad to see you recognize that FACT!!!! I was beginning to wonder if you were suggesting we all become non-sub-scum!!

You didn't answer me on how you benefit the site for new comers always complaining about something?

What is your excuse for not getting a sub? I and probably others would love to hear the reason.

-VR
The 2nd part of my post was also factual and clearly too close to the bone. (Hence your need to edit it from your reply).

Perhaps you need reminding of the forum protocol:

'Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban.'

😲

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
09 Aug 17
1 edit

The 2nd part of my post was also factual and clearly too close to the bone. (Hence your need to edit it from your reply).

Perhaps you need reminding of the forum protocol:

'Please edit quoted text responsibly. Making modifications which misrepresent the original post will result in a forum ban.'

😲
goad,

You still didn't answer the question. You sound like robbie trying to twist something around honestly you do!!! Of course you did look up to him or stand in front of him or something like that! 😉

I've been here quite long enough to know the protocol...LOL...certainly don't need a non-sub-scum trying to tell me the rules!!! I copied the part I wanted to answer and which was most important. You have done the same yourself!!!

Go get a job so you can get a subscription!!! 😉

-VR

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Aug 17

goad,

You still didn't answer the question. You sound like robbie trying to twist something around honestly you do!!! Of course you did look up to him or stand in front of him or something like that! 😉

I've been here quite long enough to know the protocol...LOL...certainly don't need a non-sub-scum trying to tell me the rules!!! I copied the part ...[text shortened]... You have done the same yourself!!!

Go get a job so you can get a subscription!!! 😉

-VR
Indeed sir, you have been here long enough to learn the site protocol. Why haven't you done so?!

And on the sub question, you tell me what my incentive would be to subscribe? As you already know, I play chess on another site where 'I am' a member and play in as many tournaments and teams as I have the time for. (Indeed, I captain one of the strongest teams on that site).
For me, RHP provides one thing that the other site doesn't, and that's an active variety of forums. - On this site I am currently only interested in playing a handful of games and discussing nonsense on the forums, and as things stand presently, I can do both these things without being a subscriber. So again, what is my incentive to subscribe? - It has nothing to do with the relatively small cost of subscription. It is solely to do with the lack of reason to do so. What would be the benefit, apart fro not having to hear you whine on about non-sub scum?

That said, the Clan system is something I haven't come across before, and if I was to be incentivized to subscribe, that would probably be the motivator.

st johnstone

Moves
10 Aug 17

Indeed sir, you have been here long enough to learn the site protocol. Why haven't you done so?!

And on the sub question, you tell me what my incentive would be to subscribe? As you already know, I play chess on another site where 'I am' a member and play in as many tournaments and teams as I have the time for. (Indeed, I captain one of the stron ...[text shortened]... ross before, and if I was to be incentivized to subscribe, that would probably be the motivator.
Non subs are scum
You rattling on saying nothing just proves my point

Pay up or shut up. This is the clan forum no lane hiccups threads here

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Aug 17

Originally posted by @roma45
Non subs are scum
You rattling on saying nothing just proves my point

Pay up or shut up. This is the clan forum no lane hiccups threads here
And your reply merely highlights sir that paying for subscription hasn't in the slightest bit reduced your own scuminess.

You should probably seek a refund. (And perhaps a lobotomy. I know a guy).

st johnstone

Moves
10 Aug 17

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Aug 17
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Okay, I will allow you to post in our forum.

Edit: For now.