different views

different views

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by my2sons
I like the idea of clans only playing clans on the same page that they ended the prior year. This should give rise to more competitive matches and avoid obvious collusion.
Regarding sandbagging, it ultimately falls to each clan leader to spot this and avoid competing clan players accordingly. Certainly clan leaders on page 1 are more than capable of this.
A system based on elo would put sandbaggers to rest once and for all.

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by padger
It should be obvious to anyone that this is never going to be resolved and is fast going down he same old route of insulting each other
I will not bother any more with this topic
It is a shame because it started off so well
it was only a matter of time

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by Wycombe Al
it was only a matter of time
come on, cheer up, put all our proposals together and send them to the Russky

st johnstone

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

2. To prevent collusion, there should be a maximum number of challenges between any two clans involving the same players, and the max. should be low (2 or 3) -- with the proviso that if two or more clans play more than the max., they may do so but the games played above the max would not affect clan standings.
you actually think collusion is a problem?
easy fixed just STOP DOING IT

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by roma45
you actually think collusion is a problem?
easy fixed just STOP DOING IT
I provided nine points that would fix everything.

st johnstone

Moves
30 Oct 16

I provided nine points that would fix everything.
good points you made why not do the easy one first, just stop taking free points from arrow breaking bad and anti metallica
lets see if you are actually serious about reform, set an example then others might listen, but until then we only see a cheat

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16

good points you made why not do the easy one first, just stop taking free points from arrow breaking bad and anti metallica
lets see if you are actually serious about reform, set an example then others might listen, but until then we only see a cheat
dude i am a clan leader, its my business to accept and reject challenges from anyone.

st johnstone

Moves
30 Oct 16

dude i am a clan leader, its my business to accept and reject challenges from anyone.
so you are happy to take part in collusion?
until that stops not much point looking forward
pity this was a good thread
at least most clan leaders can see you are making no attempt to play fair

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16
1 edit

so you are happy to take part in collusion?
until that stops not much point looking forward
pity this was a good thread
at least most clan leaders can see you are making no attempt to play fair
I am happy to accept challenges from all clans, thats why I am a clan leader. If you have any solutions to the problems facing the system then please provide them, otherwise, spare us yer greetin faced crème puff routine!

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
30 Oct 16

A clan leaders job is to accept/decline incoming challenges with a view to a reasonable fair challenge. The same goes for outgoing challenges ie a fair challenge.

Human nature tries to get an edge in a challenge thus the better clan leaders tend to have slightly over 50% win ratio.

Clans like Metallica go that step further and manipulate every possible advantage that the rules allow thus tend to have 75% plus win ratio.

To have a fair system you have to devise a way to nullify the loopholes that these scumbags exploit.

m

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by Mctayto
A clan leaders job is to accept/decline incoming challenges with a view to a reasonable fair challenge. The same goes for outgoing challenges ie a fair challenge.

Human nature tries to get an edge in a challenge thus the better clan leaders tend to have slightly over 50% win ratio.

Clans like Metallica go that step further and manipulate every possible ...[text shortened]... ave a fair system you have to devise a way to nullify the loopholes that these scumbags exploit.
Idiot !!

Moves
31 Oct 16

Instead of annual clan titles, make them seasons.

Every clan plays every clan, once.

New season.

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
31 Oct 16

Originally posted by dsmith
Instead of annual clan titles, make them seasons.

Every clan plays every clan, once.

New season.
How do you match up clans with say 2 players against clans with 20 players?

Also some clans have players with high ratings and some have clans full of low rated players.

Not sure if that would work.

Other than the obvious of cleaning up the collusion and the sandbagging the most important thing is to stop negative points and reward clans who lose in close ties. An 80 point swing in points for a 20 man clan challenge that finishes say 20 to 19 is ridiculous.

This is the main aspect (other than booting carrobies sorry ass) that needs to be addressed.

st johnstone

Moves
31 Oct 16

Originally posted by Mctayto

Clans like Metallica go that step further and manipulate every possible ...[text shortened]... ave a fair system you have to devise a way to nullify the loopholes that these scumbags exploit.
what is the easy riders win ratio against breaking bad anti metallica and the arrow?

i think you will find it's over 50%

collusion

rc

Moves
31 Oct 16

what is the easy riders win ratio against breaking bad anti metallica and the arrow?

i think you will find it's over 50%

collusion
we also have a win ratio of 100% against metallica, thus carrying your logic forward, that must also be evidence of collusion