1. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 09:30
    @padger said
    How can I congratulate someone who won a competition that is fundamentally flawed
    Because its the competition thats equal for every team taking part..
    The competition that was voted for by clan leaders..
    Not congratulating the winners is just sour grapes and sums up to perfection what tyoe of spiteful person you are.
    But i doubt anyone really cares about your opinion after your site idea...how did that work out again?..
    Daftest idea ever..
  2. Here
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 11:00
    @roma45 said
    Because its the competition thats equal for every team taking part..
    The competition that was voted for by clan leaders..
    Not congratulating the winners is just sour grapes and sums up to perfection what tyoe of spiteful person you are.
    But i doubt anyone really cares about your opinion after your site idea...how did that work out again?..
    Daftest idea ever..
    How is it equal for all ?
    It is a load of rubbish and as long as the points system remains it always will be
    Just because you are too thick to see it doesn't make it right
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 11:29
    @padger said
    How is it equal for all ?
    It is a load of rubbish and as long as the points system remains it always will be
    Just because you are too thick to see it doesn't make it right
    Of course it's equal for everybody.

...Can I sell you a bridge?
  4. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 13:46
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Of course it's equal for everybody.

...Can I sell you a bridge?
    He still owes me money from the magic beans i sold him..
    Get the money first...😁😁😁
  5. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 13:59

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 20:341 edit
    Happy New Year to all.

And once again, a warm welcome to the Queens & Pawns clan.
    Good luck in the 2020 clan campaign.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 20:36
    @padger said
    How can I congratulate someone who won a competition that is fundamentally flawed
    Just do it. It's easier than you think. 😉
  8. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 22:04
    @padger i think this is the fairest the system has been in the 15 or so years i've been playing on this site, i can't grasp how you think it could be improved, gross points is not the answer
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    31 Dec '19 22:101 edit
    @padger

Many rules have been changed over the years 13 going on 14 that I've been here. I have been a clan member since 2008. I think we have the fairest system to the approval of the majority.

There have been votes on other things which I've not agreed with, but live with what the majority wanted. It is time for you to see this, even those of us who don't agree on everything do agree on this with the excpetion of you and maybe 2 or 3 others. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow my chess friend.

All the best in 2020!

-VR
  10. Here
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 07:58
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    How can I congratulate them when every year they are top but they do not win the most challenges nor the most games
  11. Here
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 08:01
    @wycombe-al said
    @padger i think this is the fairest the system has been in the 15 or so years i've been playing on this site, i can't grasp how you think it could be improved, gross points is not the answer
    If this is the fairest system that everybody can come up with then I despair
    It is a system that not all the games have to be played to get a result
    Is that fair ?
    A Clan that wins by one gets the same points as a Clan that wins by ten
    Is that fair ?
    It is a complete farce
  12. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 08:45
    @padger said
    How can I congratulate them when every year they are top but they do not win the most challenges nor the most games
    Lost challenges and lost games must be part of the equation to determine champions
    If not quantity not quality would who is top.
    Same when you lose a game of chess your rating has to go down..in clan challenges that are lost points must be removed to show a true reflection of the clan.
    Lemondrop has proved many times small clans can be very successful if he stopped acting the panto villian he could be champion.
    Seriously...if you have a better idea send feedback..but this topic has been done many times...

Happy new year...
  13. Here
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 09:13
    @roma45 said
    Lost challenges and lost games must be part of the equation to determine champions
    If not quantity not quality would who is top.
    Same when you lose a game of chess your rating has to go down..in clan challenges that are lost points must be removed to show a true reflection of the clan.
    Lemondrop has proved many times small clans can be very successful if he stopped acting ...[text shortened]... ou have a better idea send feedback..but this topic has been done many times...

Happy new year...
    Like I said you are too thick to see that it is wrong
  14. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 09:331 edit
    @venda said
    I never accepted the net points list as being the best guide to a clans success when I was leader of the Laikers and I still don't, but as this seems to be the accepted guage thro' out the clans I have to go along with it.
    I think this has been the closest year ever for the "play off" spots so well done to the Pawns, Wycombe and Breaking bad for the race you have had with the ...[text shortened]... aving said all that good luck to you all for the new year.
    Let's hope for a close competition again
    I think that was acting like a child. I have no idea what your talking about but that was not me. I never said someone had say something if they lost. That is as dumb as you get. With people not getting along, the only thing I ever did was stick up for myself. You and I never played against each other because I did not want to play you. You had some ridiculous formula you had in math and that is how you made your horrible challenges. So if you need a memory boost, it was me who rejected those horrible matches and I never challenged you again. If you are going to accuse me of something at least get it right you dope. You are thinking of someone else and I think I might know who since I have a better memory than you.

Try to think before accusing someone of something that stupid. And my clan does not need to play you. We would have finished ahead of you anyway. And a Happy New Year to you to.
  15. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    01 Jan '20 09:43

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree