club games

Subscribermlb62
Clans 30 Nov '22 06:46
  1. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 06:462 edits
    I know this is a CLANS forum, but, if you don't mind a CLUB question,....say you are a member of Club X. You join a tournament sponsored by Club X, and have a game vs a Club X player. After the game, is the rating change recorded ONLY in Club X's rating list ? or .... is the rating change ALSO recorded in the RED HOT PAWN WEBSITE's overall rating list, too ? TY
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 08:28
    Both, normal and club.
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 09:05
    @trev33 said
    Both, normal and club.
    Do you mean the Tournament Entry Rating only? That would make more sense than changing the Red Hot Pawn website rating.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 09:32
    @mlb62 said
    Do you mean the Tournament Entry Rating only? That would make more sense than changing the Red Hot Pawn website rating.
    All rated games count ot the site rating. Rated club games also count to the club rating.

Since the ratings of both players will probably be different in general and club the rating chnage will probably be different in both systems.
    The TER is calculated using the highest site rating and the current site rating. It will change probably.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 15:551 edit
    @ponderable said
    All rated games count ot the site rating. Rated club games also count to the club rating.

Since the ratings of both players will probably be different in general and club the rating chnage will probably be different in both systems.
    The TER is calculated using the highest site rating and the current site rating. It will change probably.
    Pondy, as you know it has been this way for many years.

We even had a vote to have them separated and it was voted down some years ago. People use it to regulate their ratings. Not everyone but there are those who do, I think enough to have another vote on it.

-VR
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 19:54
    @very-rusty said
    Pondy, as you know it has been this way for many years.

We even had a vote to have them separated and it was voted down some years ago. People use it to regulate their ratings. Not everyone but there are those who do, I think enough to have another vote on it.

-VR
    Logically, if you play in a rated game whether it be club,clan,friendly or whatever it should impact on your overall rating.
    Club rating should only matter to the club.
    If a player is entering tournaments within his club that are not restricted by rating in order to affect his overall rating a club leader should be able to see this though what he can do about it is unclear.
    Perhaps a club leader should have to make all private tournaments rating dependent?
    I think the majority are anyway
  7. Victor, New York
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 20:56
    @venda I don’t think the club rating does anything except provide info on how you’ve done in the club. I always thought that the TER was the only control on club tournament games. Our club only has rated tournaments and that’s how it appears to work.
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 22:02
    @lstcyr said
    I always thought that the TER was the only control on club tournament games. Our club only has rated tournaments and that’s how it appears to work.
    Yes, that is what makes the most sense..ONLY the TER is affected by the Club games. NOT the overall RHP website ratings list. The CLUB ratings list should be completely separate from the RHP's overall ratings list..
  9. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 22:04
    @venda said

exactly
  10. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 22:53
    @venda said
    Logically, if you play in a rated game whether it be club,clan,friendly or whatever it should impact on your overall rating.
    If a player is entering tournaments within his club that are not restricted by rating in order to affect his overall rating a club leader should be able to see this though what he can do about it is unclear. ...[text shortened]... eader should have to make all private tournaments rating dependent?
    I think the majority are anyway
    Have either of you played in Site tournaments?

They are counted with your regular clan rating, I believe some tournaments are also.
    At least my rating always changes if I win or lose! 🙂

-VR
  11. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    30 Nov '22 22:55
    @mlb62 said
    Yes, that is what makes the most sense..ONLY the TER is affected by the Club games. NOT the overall RHP website ratings list. The CLUB ratings list should be completely separate from the RHP's overall ratings list..
    I believe you are correct that club tournaments have their own rating. Doesn't touch your regular clan rating, which is the way the tournaments and site tournaments should work but they don't.

-VR
  12. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 06:58
    @mlb62 said
    I disagree, a game is a game and all should count for the overall site rating. I do believe there should be another rating for clan games same as clubs so they can spot who's sandbagging for clan wins but that's it.

If you want to play someone without your rating being impacted, just make it an unrated game.
  13. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 07:24
    @lstcyr said
    @venda I don’t think the club rating does anything except provide info on how you’ve done in the club. I always thought that the TER was the only control on club tournament games. Our club only has rated tournaments and that’s how it appears to work.
    All games against club members will count towards the club rating, not just the tournament games.
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    01 Dec '22 15:011 edit
    @trev33 said
    All games against club members will count towards the club rating, not just the tournament games.
    Huge difference in a club rating and a clan rating. if the tournaments and Clan challenge games were separate, we would see a huge difference there also.

As it stands to easy for people to keep their rating around where they want it to play Clan Challenges, in my humble opinion.

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree