Short outage today

Short outage today

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
03 Jan 05

Starting the 2005 championship, the largest tournament so far, proved rather stressful on our servers so I had to take the site down for a few minutes to give the it every chance of succeeding. (I was very nervous for a few minutes....)

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
03 Jan 05

It appears that people viewing the tournament has made the site run sluggishly too, so expect poor performance for a short while.

-Russ

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
03 Jan 05

yes the site is running a lot slower than usual...i dont know that much about computers so i dont know wether this will clear up eventually or if it will be like this until the 2005 championship finishes?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
03 Jan 05

If there is still a performance problem in a couple of hours I will have to prevent people viewing the tournament until a fix of some kind can be implemented.

All the games can be played as normal though.

-Russ

i
Deracinated

Sydney

Moves
03 Jan 05

Originally posted by Russ
If there is still a performance problem in a couple of hours I will have to prevent people viewing the tournament until a fix of some kind can be implemented.

All the games can be played as normal though.

-Russ
It appears that the tournament can't be viewed anyway - request times out...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
03 Jan 05

It has now been blocked.

-Russ

E
Damn fine Clan!

The Double R Diner

Moves
03 Jan 05
1 edit

Russ, how about a workaround, the only group people want to see to start with is the group that they are playing in - could you fix it to just display MY GROUP as a variable when a user views the 2005 Tournament, just for the first few rounds?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
03 Jan 05

I will need to upload a hack, as suggested, so people can see their group before reworking a more permanent solution.

-Russ

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
03 Jan 05

whats a hack?

fred

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
03 Jan 05

Originally posted by Freddie2004
whats a hack?

fred
Its what a Blackburn Rovers defender does in panic when the ball is in his box. HACK!!

Another meaning is a quick software fix, which may or may not be a little bit woohhh, a little bit waaaayy. Know what I mean? Normally done when there are massive time/laziness issues. 😉

D

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
04 Jan 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Its what a Blackburn Rovers defender does in panic when the ball is in his box. HACK!!

Another meaning is a quick software fix, which may or may not be a little bit woohhh, a little bit waaaayy. Know what I mean? Normally done when there are massive time/laziness issues. 😉

D
oh dear please god....not a charlton fan?

fred

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
04 Jan 05

Originally posted by Ragnorak

D
if you are talking about the charlton game, im sorry but there was no way in hell that that was a penalty; lucas neill clearly got the ball, danny murphy is just a girl and couldnt take a proper challenge!

fred

cs
i'll decide!

Glasgow Scotland

Moves
04 Jan 05

if you are talking about the charlton game, im sorry but there was no way in hell that that was a penalty; lucas neill clearly got the ball, danny murphy is just a girl and couldnt take a proper challenge!

fred
ragnorak is actually a huge manchester united fan, but hey you guys know that the scottish league is better dont you!

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
04 Jan 05

Originally posted by chris stephens
ragnorak is actually a huge manchester united fan, but hey you guys know that the scottish league is better dont you!
how could you waste vauable time and server speed to say that!....you've got 12 teams in your top league, of which only 2 ever compete for the title, and one of those teams never really challenges for it!, where as the top english league has 20 teams and 5 top class european teams!

fred

S
Pencampwr Maes-e

Treffynnon.

Moves
04 Jan 05
2 edits

where as the top english league has 20 teams and 5 top class european teams!

fred
5 top class european teams? When is the last time Man Utd won the european cup? And when is the last time any english team but Man Utd won the european cup.

I love English fans 😉 you reckon youre the dogs at football and your overhyped. One world cup, on home soil, with a dodgy linesman and you think you've a right to win everything. Go to Italy, Spain or Germany if you want to see top european teams.