RHP relocates from Virgina to Dallas.  Outage.

RHP relocates from Virgina to Dallas. Outage.

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daniel

Bucharest

Moves
22 Aug 13

there is no need for twitter (not a fan either)

just temporarily host the site on another server and post an outage announcement on the site
just an idea

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Aug 13

Originally posted by daniv
there is no need for twitter (not a fan either)

just temporarily host the site on another server and post an outage announcement on the site
just an idea
You will not need to subscribe to Twitter, just click a link to read the recent status posts. No more than that.

It is one of the few times Twitter is genuinely useful.

Australia

Moves
23 Aug 13

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, if you do nothing until the outage happens you will not be able to remember what the Twitter URL is, so Bookmark/Favorite it NOW!!!!

https://twitter.com/redhotpawn

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
23 Aug 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, if you do nothing until the outage happens you will not be able to remember what the Twitter URL is, so Bookmark/Favorite it NOW!!!!

https://twitter.com/redhotpawn
Sometimes the bleeding obvious is what is missed...

In fact it is the only Thing in my Internet history connected to twitter 🙂

Australia

Moves
24 Aug 13

It's one of my 14 RHP direct links in my bookmarks collection. Page switching here is so slow that I can't hack any page switch involving more than one page. I've pinned my hopes on the upgraded hardware at the new site.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Aug 13
1 edit

Whenever there is a scheduled outage like this, a Twitter link will be displayed predominantly on the maintenance page - so don't worry, you'll be able to find it.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
28 Aug 13
1 edit

After two weeks of very intensive (and repetitive) work, we are moving into testing. A bit of a milestone, so I thought I'd share.

Australia

Moves
07 Sep 13

Is this event any closer yet?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Sep 13

Yes. Internal testing is coming to an end, so I'll be letting everyone who cares to help try to break it in a sandboxed version soon. (A few days all going well.)

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
16 Sep 13

Still not there yet....

Right now, we are looking provisionally for a switchover this weekend.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
18 Sep 13

Please see this Thread 155415 for the request for pre release testers.